Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys, here is a question for all of you:

Serbia in a bid to secure the EU membership decided to pass a law that requires us to have lights on during the day. I guess they thought we will look more cool and EU-like if we drive around with our lights on during the day. So everyone will love us for how cool we are and let us in their playhouse :D Anyway, i dont car about that, but what i am interested in is:

Is there a way to convert the lights to always on, but without ruining the "coming home" function when light stays on at night if it was turned on automaticaly.

I was thinking about just covering the light sensor. Man... what a waste of perfectly good light sensor functionality :(

C

·
0 Posts
The are only required on models type approved after 1st Jan 2011, not cars manufactured after that date.

TBH, I wouldn't bother unless you're driving in one of the northern European climates. There is no evidence to demonstrate any accident rate reduction in cold temperate, warm temperate, or Mediterranean climates, where daylight generally means daylight, not 4 months of dreary gloom. Indeed, there is some evidence to suggest they increase the accident rate - the human brain calculates the speed on an oncoming object by the rate at which the object grows relative to the background. The lights have a tendency to break up the visible outline of an oncoming vehicle, actually making a collision more likely.

But that's the UK for you, and more fool successive Governments for allowing it to happen.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chopper, tiptronic

thanks guys, i understand what both of you are saying. its just the matter of getting a ticket if i forget to put on my lights, which i do sometimes forget.

sometimes during the day, auto-light kick in because of overcast, but then when it clears up they turn off and i dont even notice, and these guys just loooove to ticket someone for forgetting to put on their lights. :mad:

Magma, thanks for the help, mucho appreciado! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts