i.e
Air filter which is best ?
Dump Valves ?
exhaust ?
Chip or tuning box ?
lowering kit ?
hoses and pulleys ?
dials and gauges ?
how to wire up a dvd/bluray so i can watch on my tv ?
where can i get a newer sat nav cd from ?
plus is there anyone in essex who is best to go to for these kinds of stuff
thanks in advance

·
Registered
40 Posts
By GT are you saying a 2.7 or 3.0 V6 HDi Coupe, if so here's my opinions ....

Air filter which is best ? ........ K&N don't make a filter for the 2.7 or 3.0 Hdi, there is another company that makes a replacement but its around £90

Dump Valves ? .................... Why !!! When the engine is so refined and quite for a diesel. And i'd be suprised if there was enough room in the engine bay to fit them.

Exhaust ? Again, whats the point of changing it when the Standard one fitted to a 2.7 and 3.0 is Stainless steel from the factory

Chip or tuning box ? NONE, dont waste your money, Remapped all the way. A 2.7 you can get upto 252 bhp @ 411 ft lbs or a 3.0 you can get slightly in excess of 300 BHP

lowering kit ? Why, when it's already fitted as standard with electronically controlled sports suspension, and also runs on 18" wheels and low profile tyres.

hoses and pulleys ? Again, why, have you ever seen how large a V6 HDi engine is !!! Its BIG !!! Hence the very large battery for a diesel is in the boot, also nothing is on show, and has it is a completely bomb proof engine, silicon hoses wont make any difference

dials and gauges ? Best you could add is a boost gauge, but again why??

how to wire up a dvd/bluray so i can watch on my tv ? GT versions come with RCA plugs fitted in the glove box, you may need to activate this feature using PP200

where can i get a newer sat nav cd from ? Ready available from Ebay.

Obviously if your not talking about a V6 Hdi then completely ignore the above. :thumb: :lol:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Which engine is it? (My 2.2 HDi has GT trim level.)

RT4 software 8.31: RT4 RT5 new software 8.31

Maps 2015/16: RT4 RT5 Europe Map 2015/2016

Speedcams: [Monthly Updates!] Speedcamera for RT4, RT5, RT6, SMEG, SMEG+, SMEG6

The USB cable is a useful addition (enable with PP2K): Cable RT4 USB | eBay

I believe the video in cuts out above 5MPH however the RT4 can be modified, but I can't find the link.

The air filter is already a fairly generous size as far as I understand it, and the air intake position above the radiator is good.

Exhaust: probably more benefit from de-cat and de-fap. That requires remapping. And is legally dubious. While you're at it: disable the EGR and clean air throttling in the new map.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mines a 2.7 v6

thank you for all your comments

ive seen a jetex twin cone filter £100 or so anyone know much about them ?

dump valve only as havin 1.8t's before it just takes stress off turbo and can sound good on diesels like a bus lol

where to get remapped then i live in essex ?

sports suspension i have but didnt know it lowered i thought it just made ride better

bigger exhaust too let gases out quicker plus getting a oval large tip ?

so ebay for the sat nav cd then

1 - 6 of 6 Posts