Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help me on this

We have just purchased a Peugeot 207 Verve 1.4HDI 09 plate

However, with the stereo, I am unable to connect my Samsung Galaxy for playing/streaming music via Bluetooth through the stereo. The Phone Calls are fine through Bluetooth

The stereo looks like the RD4 with MP3 above the CD slot. So is it a case of the stereo not being capable of streaming music from my phone?

Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
I believe that the early cars only have phone capabilities, music streaming came on later cars.
Mike

Hope someone can help me on this

We have just purchased a Peugeot 207 Verve 1.4HDI 09 plate

However, with the stereo, I am unable to connect my Samsung Galaxy for playing/streaming music via Bluetooth through the stereo. The Phone Calls are fine through Bluetooth

The stereo looks like the RD4 with MP3 above the CD slot. So is it a case of the stereo not being capable of streaming music from my phone?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Hi,

My 207 1.4 VTi 2010 ('60 Plate) had music streaming. Used it everyday with my iPhone.

If you can, perhaps try and connect a friends iPhone and see if you get different results.

On my RD4, when going into Bluetooth options, I could select between Telephone Function or Music Streaming. Is that option there for you?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi,

My 207 1.4 VTi 2010 ('60 Plate) had music streaming. Used it everyday with my iPhone.

If you can, perhaps try and connect a friends iPhone and see if you get different results.

On my RD4, when going into Bluetooth options, I could select between Telephone Function or Music Streaming. Is that option there for you?
I think late 2009 must have been the change over to have both functions. The functionality is in the Bluetooth ECU, on the 308cc mounted by the handbrake, not sure where on other models.
Your right, the display options for Bluetooth and streaming will show if you have both, just phone if you don't.
Mike

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I think late 2009 must have been the change over to have both functions. The functionality is in the Bluetooth ECU, on the 308cc mounted by the handbrake, not sure where on other models.
Your right, the display options for Bluetooth and streaming will show if you have both, just phone if you don't.
Mike
That's very interesting. I have a 61 plate 308 with the RNEG system and it soesn't support A2DP streaming. I always thought it was a limitation of the radio rather than the bluetooth module. May have to try and source a reasonably priced BT module that supports both and will simply plug and play.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That's very interesting. I have a 61 plate 308 with the RNEG system and it soesn't support A2DP streaming. I always thought it was a limitation of the radio rather than the bluetooth module. May have to try and source a reasonably priced BT module that supports both and will simply plug and play.
I ended up with what I think are both versions of ECU. One worked with my 2008 308cc, the other didn't. The physical difference is that the connector is fitted to the front or the side. On my 308, the location of the wiring meant only one could be fitted. Although I did test the other one, and wasn't recognised by the BSI or PP/Diag.
£60 is about the going price.
Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies

Ours is a earlier 09 model so that will probably explain the non bluetooth music stream capabilities. I'll try someone's iPhone but not expecting any positive results based on the earlier/later model

Would there be no other simple way of achieving bluetooth music stream? Different stereo model perhaps

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ended up with what I think are both versions of ECU. One worked with my 2008 308cc, the other didn't. The physical difference is that the connector is fitted to the front or the side. On my 308, the location of the wiring meant only one could be fitted. Although I did test the other one, and wasn't recognised by the BSI or PP/Diag.
£60 is about the going price.
Mike
Hi. I own a 4/2009 308cc. I’d like to do this retrofitting but I am unsure how other than purchasing the part on the internet.
Where can I find how to install it, or wouldn’t you briefly explain it here, maybe?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Check out my post for the the 207 retrofit original Bluetooth module. This has lots of info on the basic installation for Peugeot / Citroen vehicles from 2006 onwards. About 2010 there were major changes when Peugeot introduced the CAN+ bus to many of their cars and all the modules changed - Hence the two different photos above in this thread. The one with the connector on the side and USB is for the later cars. Even later Peugeot moved the Bluetooth function into the radio itself such as RD45.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts