Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to do the oil change in my peugeot 407 HDI 2.0 and it is fixed AM6 6 speed trip-tronic gearbox. I checked compatible oil for this and could not find TOTAL oil mentioned in user manual (service record). When asked Peugeot guys they recommended mobil ATF 3309.
I found two types of mobil 3309 in market.
IMG_20180622_221907.jpg
this oil which printed peugeot /citron mark on it and cost 3 times more than the other (attached below)
81cLRq4l1mL._SY679_.jpg

Both above oils are mentioned as MOBIL ATF 3309 on their labels. but one has very high price than other. Please post your views and recommendations on this matter as it will be great help for me to select the correct oil.

·
Registered
15,090 Posts
If the grades the same it IS the same the peugeot branded stuff will always be dearer to cater for the eejits who think its best to buy branded gear.

Also its worth noting the box is not even made by peugeot and is widely used by others it is a jap box and if you checked whatever brand also uses the box volvo for example they would no doubt recommend their flavour of oil :)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The oil needs to meet the JWS3309 spec. Just google it, you will find many manufacturers meet the spec. I used a Fuchs Titan ATF5005 when doing a change in my 407HDi, did 3 partial changes. But you must reset the counters using Diagbox afterwards to allow the gearbox to use the new oil properly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The oil needs to meet the JWS3309 spec. Just google it, you will find many manufacturers meet the spec. I used a Fuchs Titan ATF5005 when doing a change in my 407HDi, did 3 partial changes. But you must reset the counters using Diagbox afterwards to allow the gearbox to use the new oil properly.
What happens if not reset the counters? will it damage the gearbox?

·
Registered
4 Posts
You should NOT use the JS3309 oil for the AM6 gearbox, according to the rapair manual. Use instead the AW-1 oil. I bougt it on a german web site for round 7€/liter. This oil is used by Aisin (gaerbox manufacturer) for Ford, Volvo, SAAB and others. (sorry, I'm not able to upload the quote from the manual...)
BtW, the manual mentions nothing about resetting the counting. Why should it do that? however it mentions that the oil change should be done at a temp of 55-60 degrees

1 - 6 of 6 Posts