Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a problem with these? I clean them out - and a couple of day later the spray pattern goes weird. Can I get the more normal washer jets?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
are you using straight screen washer fluid or are you diluting? ive heard that using the fluid without diluting can cause sludge over time and end up being sucked through and obviously the holes on the mist ones are alot smaller than the generic.

Ive converted mine from spot wash to mist spray. theres a video on a ford forum i can dig out if required. but people said because it hits low and the top of the bonnet, they have found that putting a blob of glue at the bottom of the holes lifts the spray pattern.

they also found by putting a 1 way valve, increase pressure of the jets and stops dribbles....

C

·
0 Posts
Mine where pants so I invested in a new set from the stealers £20.00 for the pair they now work brilliantly. Also they have a clip to help easy swapping all in all took about 10 min to swap but I did break some of the sound deadening clips on the bonnet :mad:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
£20!!! i only paid £5 for 2 heated washer jets. They are meant for the new focus but they can be fitted back to the mk2 :lol:

how i dont miss pug prices :lol:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perhaps its sludge - I've been using undiluted screenwash, wot wiv winter un all.

I'll throw in some water to dilute at the weekend.

Thanks chaps.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
ive been told a small amount of vinegar helps dilute the sludge. might be worth looking that up further

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Perhaps its sludge - I've been using undiluted screenwash, wot wiv winter un all.

I'll throw in some water to dilute at the weekend.

Thanks chaps.
I'd put hot water in the washer bottle & pump the whole lot through. Hot water would help break down any sludge quicker than cold. If the blockage is really bad, it might be an idea to remove the jets and leave them soaking in clean hot water for a while to soften any blockage in the holes.

C

·
0 Posts
£20!!! i only paid £5 for 2 heated washer jets. They are meant for the new focus but they can be fitted back to the mk2 :lol:

how i dont miss pug prices :lol:
Yep not exactly cheap but worth it I think as now the whole screen gets washed and I can see out of my window when that muck spreader goes past me on the country lanes :nono:

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
£6 to convert the vectra ones to insignia parts. Much better job!

C

·
0 Posts
Now you all tell me :lol: can't wait for them to block up again so I can get them cheaper :nono:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If any1 is interested, these are the Xsara washer jets :

FRONT WINDSCREEN WASHER JET FOR CITROEN XSARA 97-00 PEUGEOT 607 99 6438C2 | eBay

The top half is the same shape as the pug jets, but smaller - the lower half that fits into the bonnet is the same shape/size as the pug jets - so they fit neatly/flush into the slots in the bonnet - there are no gaps - they look original.

Best of all they have adjustable eyeball jets - I've just fitted a set - they work grand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts