Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you spot the parts underneath that are missing? If so. how important do you think they really are? This caught me by surprise as I have just bought the car and missed this while inspecting it!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Don't know about parts missing, looks more like parts added to me. I've never seen any zig zag bars like those under a Peugeot, which car is it?

G

·
0 Posts
Looks a bit 'Heath Robinson' to me...

If the bars are missing, will it affect the cars handling, or simply just make it flex a bit more?

·
6,083 Posts
It will make car feel a bit looser (I left one off daughters 207cc when I needed to get fixing bush repaired) long term I think it would cause issues with spot welds etc on sills and other high stress points

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is what I thought, the car seems to handle ok, but as I haven't had all the braces in place I have no idea how it should handle.....It does seem to flex when going from one steering lock to the other when stationary though. Might get a couple of the bars made up just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
They are bracing bars fitted to strengthen chassis/underbody to stop scuttle shake when they chop the roof off and lower structural integrity of the body
Thanks Windy1603, I stand corrected. I'm not familiar with the CC models.:thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts