Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, after a closer look under the bonnet of my 407hdi 2005 model I noticed someone had cut off a piece of the wiring loom. I wonder what these cables were connected to?
They come off the main branch on the LHS going into the fuse box, see picture, and are coded:
green/yellow, thin:579403B5 RS1
light blue, thin: 579403B5 RS2
yellow, thin: 579403B5 RS3
light blue, thick: 541704B5 RS4
red, medium: 723504B5 RS5
They appear to ave been deliberately cut off, which makes me wonder whether the cut off item may have caused problems, so someone went for cheap "fix"?
Any help and hints much appreciated, thanks a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
They are for nothing they usually live under the fusebox someone has pulled them out every car has unused wires

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never had I seen a genuine wiring loom with bare cable ends as per photo, did you have a look at all before typing?
Anyone else have an idea?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi WillNZ, thank you for your post.
Do you have any electronics issues, or odd OBD messages? I reckon I suspected that these bare ends might be the reason for some of mine...Can anyone shed light on what these wires would be used if connected?
Anyways, thank you for your help.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Never had I seen a genuine wiring loom with bare cable ends as per photo, did you have a look at all before typing?
YES I LOOKED and i AM correct just because YOU have not seen it before does not make me wrong.

There are more under the steering column and above the BSI if you really want to go looking there are sometimes more in the boot depending on model and spec !!!!

·
3,760 Posts
Hi...do you have any issues...if not wrap em in insulting tape and shove em back...:thumb:

·
12,476 Posts
You're new so you probably don't know, but nobody on this forum knows as much about Pugs as Reliable406.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@ reliable406: I'm sorry to have questioned your statement / observation, it appears you are correct. Please forgive me my initial unbelief. It's my first French car so I might be entitled to be surprised about the engineering standards. No surprise are the number of electric/electronic issues now. Don't get me wrong, I owned much more "worse" cars. :)
Thank you all for your time to answer or confirm these items, much appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@ gibbo: I just noticed your reply. As stated in my previous reply, yes I'm new and I do ask you guys to please not hold a grudge against me, I am just very much surprised...that such could be OEM style.
Thanks for the great forum with masses of useful info:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@ noddy-hol: I was hoping that (some of) the intermittant/ random error messages I receive from this car might be attributed to items like the wiring loom's bare ends. Surely I insulated the wires before putting them back in the dark. And yes, I read up about, and checked all mass (negative) terminals, to no avail. It's an "ïnteresting" car!

·
3,760 Posts
Hi...I had some abs /ebs /turbo wastegate and other warnings randomly appearing now and then and I changed the fuse box and didnt notice anything like that and all has been well for about 10 months now...and i thrash it...when i get time (kithen fitting at the mo)I will have another look,but good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts