Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've had this issue for a few days now, most notably when I've been low on fuel and directed to the nearest filling station but without the price data as is normally present.

There is a connection to TomTom services (though that did go missing today but was reconnected using the 15 second sos and peugeot button press) but no fuel price data despite the data fields being shown. Similarly, there is no price data for parking and live traffic doesn't seem to be showing.

I've raised a support request from Peugeot customer service but wanted to know if anyone else has been experiencing the same issues?

I've attached a photograph showing the empty data fields.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Although I have the Tomtom Live showing in the bottom right of the map screen, and it reports correctly live traffic hold ups, weather, speed cameras (as I have this subscription), I have definitely found the the live petrol prices have stopped reporting for many, but not all of the petrol garages around me.

Today when I needed fuel, nearly every petrol station near me was just showing the petrol icon. When I expanded out the view to show a wider area, some diesel prices were showing, but not many.

Its really irritating, as this feature is an extremely useful part of the live service. I suspect a technical problem of some sort with the service, unless something major has changed and only certain garages will now report pricing details.

This has been the case for me for at least two weeks, and European forum members are reporting similar trouble.

See from France:

http://www.forum-peugeot.com/Forum/threads/prix-go-sur-nac.111312/

And in Italy:

Passione Peugeot Auto Club Italia • Leggi argomento - Prezzo Carburanti scomparsi

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for such a detailed reply.

It's comforting to know I'm not the only one experiencing this issue, though, as you say, it has been a very useful feature and I'd be disappointed if it was not continued. Let's hope it's a temporary technical issue that is resolved soon.

Has anyone else had TomTom disappear from the bottom right hand corner of the navigation screen? (No TCM either)

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have only had my 3008 for 3 weeks (I have the TomTom live and speed camera option installed and working). Speed cameras are shown as well as traffic congestion but i have never seen fuel prices displayed.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Actual live fuel prices will only show overlaid on the map as you are driving around near fuel stations, if you have the 2D view switched on.

If you have the map set to the 3D view, then it will only show the fuel station icon, no pricing. This puzzled me for a day or two when I first got my car, as I couldn't understand why I couldn't show actual fuel pricing. When going through handover with the dealer, they'd put 3D view on. Switching back by pushing the N icon on bottom of the touchscreen map, and the real time pricing appeared.

The other thing, was finding the actual setting for the type of fuel you want the live option to report, which is buried in one of the options from the map screen. I think mine was already set to the correct fuel (diesel).

It would be interesting to hear if others are also seeing these problems with the disappearance of 'many' of the fuel stations live pricing information. As I mentioned earlier some random ones worked, when I pinched outwards to zoom out on the map.

Reactions: JimWooly

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am a bit bemused by some of these posts. Surely if you low on fuel the priority is to get to a garage and fill up and not drive around trying to save 2 or 3 pence per litre or £1-£2 on a tank full.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Long trip today in the car and very random petrol garages show and report live fuel pricing on the touchscreen, others do not.

Very odd indeed!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Noticed early this morning when driving my car, that fuel pricing information is now appearing correctly.

European forums are also now reporting things working again.

That’s been around three weeks with this service not working properly. I guess a technical issue at the Tomtom end.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Over the past few of days I've driven some 700 miles through the UK and down into the centre of France. At no time during the journey did Live Services display any fuel prices either in the UK or France.

Not driven today so not sure if it's fixed as suggested in earlier post.

Edit: I should have checked before posting.....prices are now displaying here in France.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Actual live fuel prices will only show overlaid on the map as you are driving around near fuel stations, if you have the 2D view switched on.

If you have the map set to the 3D view, then it will only show the fuel station icon, no pricing. This puzzled me for a day or two when I first got my car, as I couldn't understand why I couldn't show actual fuel pricing. When going through handover with the dealer, they'd put 3D view on. Switching back by pushing the N icon on bottom of the touchscreen map, and the real time pricing appeared.

The other thing, was finding the actual setting for the type of fuel you want the live option to report, which is buried in one of the options from the map screen. I think mine was already set to the correct fuel (diesel).

It would be interesting to hear if others are also seeing these problems with the disappearance of 'many' of the fuel stations live pricing information. As I mentioned earlier some random ones worked, when I pinched outwards to zoom out on the map.
Perhaps it was the recent Nav update but I can assure you that the fuel prices are shown irrespective of the 2D/3D setting of the system. I have seen the prices displayed for the first time today and my map was definitely set to 3D. I had the price of petrol alongside the icon on the map and when I selected the icon a strip appeared on the bottom edge of the display showing the price of a fuels available on the forecourt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts