Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've been doing work on my wheels (cleaning at this stage) and got to the 4th wheel and the top caliper bolt is missing from the left side front wheel (passenger side).
The calipers are TRW twin piston, which I believe is standard? I as yet haven't found any part number for the bolt, does anyone know what it is and can it be bought off the shelf or does it need to be ordered? (Servicebox wants to charge for the info it looks like).
And can I use an alternative until I get a new one, as I'm a wee bit worried (now that I know about it) that the bolt is missing!

Thanks Scott

·
Registered
687 Posts
Double click on the exploded diagram and then go to the orders page and you'll get the price. You can then delete the item from the list

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply, the exploded view didn't work the first time but is now.
The bolt is labeled by '3' in the diagram but is that referring to the whole part or just the bolt? It looks to be like the top of the caliper as a unit rather than just the bolt?

(its not the torx bolt that joins the yoke to the knuckle, 4 and 9 in the diagram)

(I can't post links yet, but its a 2006 407, 2.2 litre petrol 4 door).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've removed the one from the other wheel and it looks to be a fairly standard bolt.. I'm off to the local car parts shop to get a replacement, which they thought they would have. I thought it was going to be a more specialized part so should be all good :)
Cheers

·
6,237 Posts
It's a standard 8mm bolt which should have a small ammout of threadlock on it. they are often supplied with new pads. If bolt has sheared off you can get a replacement sliding pin kit which has new pins and bolt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts