Peugeot Forums banner

missfire

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Ian M Davis 
#1 ·
Hi wonder if anyone can help. I have a 03 206 1.4 petrol. It started to run rough a few days ago missing, sounding like it was only running on 3 or even 2 cyliders. I have replaced the spark plugs.& coil pack. Started fine run lovely. Went five miles down the road, stopped did a bit of work came out & its doing it again. Has anyone come across this before & could shed some light on what to do next. Cheers :)

#4 ·
Going by you description it sounds like you have a single coil pack. These are usually a wasted spark system (i.e. one coil fires two spark plugs) so missing on two cylinders is quite possible. Have you checked the wiring to the coil pack.

I tried to look up your car and I think 2003 was the year Peugeot updated the car. The later full multiplex version of the 206 appears to have individual coils on each spark plug. I couldn't find much info on the ignition system for the earlier version 1.4l engine. Do you know your exact engine designation? If you register with Peugeot Service Box entering your VIN should give you a few limited details. Peugeot now charge for a full report.

#8 ·
Before you change the ECU I suggest you check the three connectors on the ECU. Water can get into these connectors.

I think the Snapon OBD tester usually gives a description as well as the fault number so the diagnosis of a faulty ECU may be correct but P1327 could mean an intermittent crankshaft position sensor.

#7 ·
You need to get the ECU virginised or get a remapper to clone your existing ECU or try a get a unlocked ECU which will not need coding

Reactions: Hog883
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.