Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

Im new to the forums and this will be my first post.

My partner has a 1.6 207 gt the car has around 40k miles on it one day she was driving home and the car seemed to go into limp mode. we got the car home and when she started it again it seems to be misfiring the code for this is P1338 which to my knowledge and research is cylinder 2 which is 2nd from the battery side. i purchased a new spark plug and coil for this and changed it over reset the code and fired the car back up. idled for about a minute and then started misfiring again. I have looked every where possible for this fault and now Ive came here hopping that some one would be able to assist/help me with this problem.

Regards William.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
depending on what you read it with the software may be reporting the wrong cylinder no 2 is indeed 2nd from battery side as you say but if not using planet the software may be seeing no3 as no2.

·
Registered
453 Posts
From my personal experience - injector faulty,
Try moving No 2 injector to a different position ie No4, then re read the codes and see if it has moved to cylinder No 4.
Costs nothing and doesn't take v. long to do.
Or get it on planet for a more detailed check.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
is it the turbo model of the 207? the THP?

if so, P1338 is cylinder 2, which as has been said, is 2 in from the battery side.

For a misfire, I would take following steps:

1. Swap coil pack over to another cylinder, run and see if codes appear.
2. If code still appears for same cylinder, swap the spark plug over, run and see if codes appear.
3. Have the injection times checked via Peugeot diagnostics.
4. May be worth running some injector cleaner thru the system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From my personal experience - injector faulty,
Try moving No 2 injector to a different position ie No4, then re read the codes and see if it has moved to cylinder No 4.
Costs nothing and doesn't take v. long to do.
Or get it on planet for a more detailed check.
John Ive emptied my PM box im not sure why it was saying its full.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts