Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Apologies, I'm sure this topic has been done to death, so if someone can point me in the right direction thanks.

Got an 07 plate cc 2.0 petrol with the autobox, it's got a habit of trying to stall, not all the time, bit annoying when you try to pull away from junctions.
My generic obd reader says p1336 and p0300
So a misfire and either sensors or coil pack, before I start blindly throwing parts at it, any ideas?
NoeL

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Generic readers on Peugeot can be misleading.
Google shows that P1336 on the Peu 307 indicates crank/cam sensor and/or misfires.
P0300 could be a red herring but use google to see what it says.

·
6,000 Posts
When were the plugs last changed. You can get both these codes from worn plugs or a failing coil pack

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to the service history plugs were done last year with oil, filters ect

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So would a using Peugeot planet diagnose better?
It's quite random when it plays up, but is a bit of a game second guessing what it will do at an island, and sometimes it goes into gear with quite a bang, which can't be doing the gearbox any good.
Oh, and it has had a new map sensor and lambda sensor in the last year, maybe the previous owner was trying to sort it that way

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
It wont hurt if you intend to keep the car to get Planet but you need a windows laptop which takes discs. Check the forum search facility for all that info. Pull the plugs wont hurt as it can give a good indication of the internal workings of the combustion process. They should all be the same colour and type even!
The gearbox defect is just that by itself I would have thought. Check the oil level in the box is first port of call.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New coil pack fitted this morning, did a few stop starts and seemed ok, but as the engine got warmer it started to hesitate again 😠 not as bad but still there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so, i'll be doing around 300 miles of motorway rinning over the weekend with a bottle of the dreadded redex in the tank, see if that makes a difference.

not sure what to do next, cam / crank sensors, new injectors?

was looking at the crank injectors on eurocar parts, they offer 2 pole and 3 pole, i know i can take the old one off to check, but as it involves removing airbox and battery ect, is there another way of telling?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts