Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one had this problem before? i know Peug's ahve bad electric problems
the digital Odometer or mileage clock has gone blank?
although when it is really really dark you can see it just about.
i have the NCT coming up next month and wondering if any one had the same problem and how much was it to fix?
my dad had rang a peug garage and they said 300 just for the part without even looking at it! :eek:
its been liek this for about 3/4 months and the past few days teh air bag light has been staying on while driving are they connected?

thanks guys!

G

·
What car is this on?

If its an older car it'll probably just be a twist in bulb or 2 thats failed

Newer cars use led's to light the dash which are a pain to solder on!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stubbo said:
What car is this on?

If its an older car it'll probably just be a twist in bulb or 2 thats failed

Newer cars use led's to light the dash which are a pain to solder on!

its a 2000 car i think its LED

i thought it was a bulb at first but u can still see the miles when its really dark
prob going to cost me a small fortune!!! :(

G

·
You will still be able to see the miles even if the bulbs have gone!

What model of car is it?

Edit: also the lights being out will not (or shouldnt as long as they can read the mileage) fail it for an mot/nct, nor will the airbag light

You will get an advisory for the airbag light, i get one every year!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I love the way peugeot fix cars. "OK sir so thats 1 30p led you need therefore we will replace the entire clocks and charge you £300 for the privelege".

Send it to me, i'll change the LED for a third of that price :p
Only messing mate, but someone will be able to save you a lot of money with this one, all you need is some soldering experience.

I'm in Bristol for your reference (wouldn't really charge you a hundred quid for that, lol)

G

·
I could do actually do this as i've done an LED conversion on my 307 from skanky orange to a nice blue :)

But unfortunately the mention of NCT suggests a republic of ireland poster! :lol:

i do agree though roy, if they were more inclined to repair rather than replace i'd actually use dealers myself! no wonder confidence in them is at shockingly low levels!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ah, NCT, yeah didn't pick up on that.

Hmm, LED conversion, that sounds like a plan, may have to do that myself some time :D Cheers for the idea!

Dealers are indeed a joke, I wouldn't trust ANYBODY at all who works at any dealership

1 - 7 of 7 Posts