Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday after 7 months of faultless service, the voice activation services have stopped working. Neither Siri, or the i-cockpit voice activation services (navigation, calls etc) work today. I can hear calls, but the microphone seems to have stopped listening to me.....

So, given I’m running on the latest software and everything has worked perfectly so far I’d be interested to know if anyone has had the same issue, and if so how they solved it.

I wondered whether a hard reboot of the system might clear it? Does anyone know how to do a hard reboot and whether that might work?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yesterday after 7 months of faultless service, the voice activation services have stopped working. Neither Siri, or the i-cockpit voice activation services (navigation, calls etc) work today. I can hear calls, but the microphone seems to have stopped listening to me.....

So, given I’m running on the latest software and everything has worked perfectly so far I’d be interested to know if anyone has had the same issue, and if so how they solved it.

I wondered whether a hard reboot of the system might clear it? Does anyone know how to do a hard reboot and whether that might work?
Did you try rebooting your iPhone and reconnecting with lighting cable?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did, but the system won’t even pick up voice internal commands via the I-cockpit system regardless of whether the iPhone is connected

·
Registered
486 Posts
I did, but the system won’t even pick up voice internal commands via the I-cockpit system regardless of whether the iPhone is connected
Did you try hard resetting the unit? Just disconnect the battery cable. leave for 10 min and reconnect. The connector is easy to disconnect and reconnect. There may be error massages but it will go away.

Just few things to add my previous reply;
I do not have built-in navigation but everyday I use CarPlay with my iPhone 6. I have experienced almost similar issue (except navigation command which I don't have). In such instance interestingly, if I connect my iPhone via blue tooth it will listen and voice commands works as usual but if I connect with the cable it will not.

What I did was remove the cable, remove the vehicle from CarPlay (using 'Forget this Car'). Turn off the iphone and turn on after a few minute. Reconnect the iPhone. Carplay will re-initiate and microphone and others will work as usual.

Just keep us posted what you have done so others might benefit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I think I managed to sort the problem out yesterday. Once again nothing was working, either via car play or via the icockpit voice recognition. But quite by chance I removed the usb cable that I use to connect my phone. Suddenly everything worked again, both via Bluetooth and via the I-cockpit. When I plugged the usb cable back in it was still working - so, I think I’ve either had a gremlin in the system or the usb cable wasn’t in completely which was confusing the system. Either way, I’m hoping it’s fixed! :)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Thanks. I think I managed to sort the problem out yesterday. Once again nothing was working, either via car play or via the icockpit voice recognition. But quite by chance I removed the usb cable that I use to connect my phone. Suddenly everything worked again, both via Bluetooth and via the I-cockpit. When I plugged the usb cable back in it was still working - so, I think I’ve either had a gremlin in the system or the usb cable wasn’t in completely which was confusing the system. Either way, I’m hoping it’s fixed! :)
Happy to hear that and very interesting finding. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts