Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear users,

I have bought a pug 307 few days ago. This is my first car, so I am quite new to this forum.
Today, while I needed to fix a fuse, I opened the fuse box, just below the steering and I noticed a black mic like thing attached there. I couldn't find any clue on the google as to what exactly is this. Could anyone help?

Regards.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Dear users,

I have bought a pug 307 few days ago. This is my first car, so I am quite new to this forum.
Today, while I needed to fix a fuse, I opened the fuse box, just below the steering and I noticed a black mic like thing attached there. I couldn't find any clue on the google as to what exactly is this. Could anyone help?

Regards.
No clue, idont have anything like that in my fuse box.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
It's possible it is a mic. Maybe a previous owner had a phone kit fitted and just tucked it out of the way when parting with the car. Only other thing I can think of is that it may be the cabin sensor but you would only have that if the car has climate control.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Definitely looks like a Mic or perhaps a speaker. Does the car have anything such as aftermarket reverse sensors fitted? Would be a good place to put the speaker if it had. Maybe you are just being spied on ;) Any idea where the cable goes back to?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys for the replies!

It certainly looks like a mic, but I don't see any other traces of phone kit anywhere. 307 Bioflex doesn't have the climate control, or does it?

No Paul, there are no parking sensors fitted in the car. So may be the previous owner was being spied on; she was a journalist! :nod:

I'll make a thorough inspection today and will reply later. Just to make clear, this wasn't inside the fuse box, it was stuck under the steering with a double-tape and a black wire was going inside towards where the fuse box is located; not sure where exactly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, I tried to track the other end of the cable, but it was going to the back of the fuse box and I dared not to dig it further.

IF it is from a phone kit, does that mean that rest of the kit is still there, because the mic is plugged somewhere? Can I check somehow if the phone kit is still installed?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
287 Posts
OK, I tried to track the other end of the cable, but it was going to the back of the fuse box and I dared not to dig it further.

IF it is from a phone kit, does that mean that rest of the kit is still there, because the mic is plugged somewhere? Can I check somehow if the phone kit is still installed?

Thanks again!
If it is a mic must have sounded awefull where it was installed...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts