Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks bright and sunny today and MFD at highest brightness was unreadable...any tips or its how it works for everyone ??

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Known problem with these MFD's. When they get warm they fade. Will be fine when it cools down. Replacement is the only known cure. Cheap enough from a scrapyard.
Yeah...thanks will see if i can source one..how easy to replace ?

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Heel of the hand below the top lip and give it a sharp tap to dislodge it. Carefully pull it forward and lift the locking lever holding the plug in place. There's likely to be a fastener plugged into the plastic body with an integral cable tie holding the cable. If you can get the plug fastener out of it's hole it will be reusable, if not just cut the cable tie. It won't be usable again but I never had any issues not replacing mine. Connect the replacement display, place it in the recess getting it aligned correctly and push it back down so iy locks into place. Switch on and reset time, date and display options.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found replacing the bulbs gave it a new lease of life. About £1 each of ebay, there's 3, just get white, can't remember what fitting they are though, I think they were T something, maybe someone else knows
Interesting..u have links and procedure ?

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
All the bulbs are working in that display so I doubt changing them will improve things. Sure it may appear clear once the bulbs have been changed but it is likely because the display has cooled down and will likely fade again next time it warms up. It's not an expensive thing to try and if it is just the bulbs a fair bit cheaper than a replacement display so worth a try. I still think it will need a good replacement to resolve it though.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
All the bulbs are working in that display so I doubt changing them will improve things. Sure it may appear clear once the bulbs have been changed but it is likely because the display has cooled down and will likely fade again next time it warms up. It's not an expensive thing to try and if it is just the bulbs a fair bit cheaper than a replacement display so worth a try. I still think it will need a good replacement to resolve it though.
agreed, the backlight is definitely lit, I was struggling to see it correctly on my phone when I looked yesterday :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts