Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've got that common problem where my MFD unit has gone blank, the cd player keeps trying to eject cd's but there's nothing in it, I've lost the radio, reversing camera, parking sensors and sat nav, there's still a bit of light in the screen, more visible at night, people are saying get an software update, how and where ? I've downloaded the app but can't find any downloads there. Please can someone help me ?
I have a 2014 3008 2ltr auto

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi all,
I've got that common problem where my MFD unit has gone blank, the cd player keeps trying to eject cd's but there's nothing in it, I've lost the radio, reversing camera, parking sensors and sat nav, there's still a bit of light in the screen, more visible at night, people are saying get an software update, how and where ? I've downloaded the app but can't find any downloads there. Please can someone help me ?
I have a 2014 3008 2ltr auto
I'm not expert but I would think that a firmware update would not help.. I might be wrong though. Do you know what system you unit was running? RT6 by any chance?

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
I'm pretty sure it's a RT6 !
Just to add the screen is not completely dead but its quite dim.
I'll send you my VIN No and would appreciate you sending me the firmware so I can at least give it a go .
Many thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Be good to hear if it works and then it might also help other people out with the same issue.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
Hello mate,
Just tried it, no bleeding good I'm afraid, just nothing happened, sod it ! Gonna burn the files to cd and try it in the cd player, clutching at straws !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi
Just hang on a minute, I've just checked what's on the the usb stick, and its still got all of my old stuff on there !
no firmware ! gonna go through the motions again and try it tomorrow.
still a chance !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bugger.
A few things to double check.
1. Usb is formatted to fat32
2. The firmware file is unzipped to the usb (no other files on the USB)

Hello mate
Well I thought things were going to happen, turned on the engine and the nice white Peugeot logo came up on screen along with a message saying, "CRC Media checking" this stayed on screen for about 5mins, then I got another message saying," CRC ERROR on media" it then just restarts but get the same result, any ideas ?
At least there's a bit of life still in it :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi
Thought I was going to be in luck, after starting the engine I got a nice Peugeot logo come up and a message saying "CRC media checking" then after about 5 mins another saying "CRC ERROR on media" any ideas ? At least there's a bit of life still there !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts