Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, im new to the forums as i have just purchased a 2002 peugeot 307 1.4 petrol and the MFD isnt working, just wondering if anyone whould have any ideas what the problem would be? The car beeps 3 time(about 10 secs between each beep) as soon as i start to move of, and just on on my way home there while i was driving there was 3 quick beeps and the stop light started to flash. If i could get the MFD working i might be able to find out what the other problems are.

Thanks

Eoin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so i got the MDF sorted and i no now the beeps at the start are "ABS FAULT" and "AIRBAG FAULT", when im dring and the 3 quick beeps and stop light come on, it says "BREAKING FAULT". Anyone any ideas what would be causing these and how to go about fixing them?

·
Registered
117 Posts
you say you just bought the car, was it a private sale or trade? The MFD could have been intentionally broken so you didn't see the faults when you bought it. Did you simply need to change the bulbs or did you swap the whole MFD to fix?!

You could do with a fault read from Planet - where are you based?

One more thing to check, when you first turn the ignition on does the engine management light come on at all? This may also have been 'disabled' by the seller. Just thinking the worst, would hope this isn't the case!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought it private, and the MFD was disconnected at the back, so it was intentionally done. I have left it to a garage so he could hook it up to planet, although he has told me that he gets 2 airbag faults but nothing about the abs, so hes puzzled at the minute. Im in N.Ireland. When i turn the ignition on the engine management light does come on, but again the airbag and the abs lights dont, so the have intentionally turned of aswell, i just never have luck when buying a second hand car, mostly from my own stupidity. I have seen online the the BREAKING FAULT means "indicating a malfunction
of the electronic brake force distribution". Does this mean anything to you?

S

·
0 Posts
Airbag fault can be caused by a faulty comm 2000 unit (the unit with indicator/light stalks on it) or also loose wires on seatbelt pretensioners

ABS fault is more often than not a build up of rust behind a sensor that needs cleaning and resetting

However, i'd be more inclined to go round to the sellers and let all hell break loose, hiding faults on a car, particularly with braking systems, is..... well its one of the most irresponsible things you can do!

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
spot on stubbo...i would do exactly that...as in paying a visit.

but not sticking up for the seller, its partly the buyers responsability to thoroughly check the car and even pay a little extra for someone like the aa to come out and inspect the vehicle...

it well jack that the seller didnt tell you the brakes had a fault...who would hold the blame for if you had an accident? i wonder :rolleyes:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'd be inclined to take that advice too...they'd probably deny it but as Stubbo says, hiding something to do with the braking system is very irresponsible. I have a dodgy ABS sensor at the moment which I think has thrown out the ABS...I needed to hit the brakes hard earlier this week and didn't stop as effectively as I'd expected - stopped with space left but could have been much worse!! I'd never consider selling the car with this fault hidden

1 - 7 of 7 Posts