Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I know this is a very basic question, and I've searched the forums for an answer but haven't found one..

I'm currently following in the steps of the Blue Dash Brigade (although I'm going red!) I've added LED lighting to the footwells and center dash, but now it's time for the MFD.

My question: If I disconnect the MFD, will it lose its memory?

My issue is simply that I changed the stereo and so cant change date / time etc if it loses memory

·
Registered
2 Posts
How to programme '56 Peugeot 307 sw MFD without the radio

Hi,
I replaced the car stereo in my '56 Peugeot 307 last year with a third party Bluetooth piece of kit; it was fitted professionally at Halfords and played nice with the MFD, that is until the battery died on the car! When a new battery was put in, the MFD had reset to French factory settings and I've no idea how to programme it without the Peugeot radio. I've seen that it can be programmed via the stereo stalk, but I've tried all sorts of button presses etc without any luck. Anyone know how this can be done?
Thanks
Gareth

·
Registered
19 Posts
Daft question, is there a disassembly guide on the MFD anywhere? I'm trying to change the LEDs and orange diffuser over to blue ones, the diffuser and LEDs should arrive on Monday and I'm pretty good at ripping stuff apart, but I dont want to break anything. I'm sure I can do it without a guide but it would help and hopefully I wont have any surprises:thumb:.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Never seen a guide to taking it apart. The MFD's would be replaced as a unit rather than repaired.

I've had a couple apart and they are easy enough. Just be careful and try not to disturb the connector to the LCD as they can be a pig to align correctly once disturbed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts