Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On our 206 (year 2006) sometimes suddenly all meters dies and goes to zero (Speed, tachometer, temperature and fuel), but the indicators and odometer still work.
After a while they start working again.
A strange thing is that when the meters have died sometimes they start working again if we adjust the fan speed of the climate control !

I have trid to check cables and connectors but cant find any faults. I guess that there is no problem with power or ground to the instrument cluster since the indicators and odometer always work. I suspect that ihe fault is in the cluster itself.

Any suggestions about what I could check more?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have taken out the instrument cluster (twice actually :) ) and sprayed contact cleaner on the connector and socket, also the connectors and sockets on the ECU.
While the instrument are working, I have wiggled all cabels and connectors that I could reach without replicating the fault.
I have also checked, what I think, the grounding point at the door sill, for the cluster.

(Sorry for bad english...)

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have tried with a (almost) new battery but with the same result.
Good idea about other circuits, the fan and radio is on the same fuse as the cluster if I remember correctly. I will check if I can disconnect the fan and try again. As I wrote, if the meters are dead and I change the speed of the fan, the meters often start working again, so there could be a connection.
I have tried without the radio with no luck.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My daughter is having the car so I cant do any more testing until the weekend, but I will check the earth again more thoroughly.
Strange though that the indicators, lights and the odometer on the cluster always work, if there was a earth problem I assume that they also should die, but earth problem can be tricky.
Thanks for the help.

9,894 Posts
Check down in the drivers foot well behind the kick plate as there is an earth point there which is known to cause issues with dash

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts