Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.For the last month or so I've been getting like a metal noise mostly when I pull on to the curb or turn corners. At first I thought it was the exhaust because it had that tinny sound but it's all nice and secure.

I am absolutely useless with cars so any help would be appreciated. I've been watching YouTube trying fo figure out what the noise could be but I've had no joy.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
What year is your 308?

There is a known issue from start of production until mid 2016.

Rear axle can make annoying metallic noises.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Its highly likely to be the rear axle problem then.

Your Peugeot main dealer will know all about it.

Might be worth asking them to take a look.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its highly likely to be the rear axle problem then.

Your Peugeot main dealer will know all about it.

Might be worth asking them to take a look.

Ah thanks. It's only done 32000 but I've not had the car from new. From what I'm reading there is no fix.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
There is a potential cure your Peugeot main dealer will know about.

If your car has a full Peugeot main dealer service history you may even get an out of warranty goodwill fix.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a potential cure your Peugeot main dealer will know about.

If your car has a full Peugeot main dealer service history you may even get an out of warranty goodwill fix.
Just an update spoke to Peugeot who said there was no such recall issues with my car. She said it had work done by Peugeot wich was suspension wishbone and tailgate strut.

So now I'm back to square on with this flipping noise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Compare your sound to the YouTube link in the fifth post on this page. You might want to read the thread from the beginning although it does make for depressing reading if you're outside your warranty.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/308-2014-122/rear-axle-issue-335176/index3.html
Thanks I've only had the car 12 months a d it's a 14 plate but I'm sure it won't have warranty. I didn't speak to my local dealer I went straight to customer service. She took my reg and said it had no recalls. She was a right moody mare.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Its NOT a recall, theres a technical service bulletin for the known issue.

Speak to your local Peugeot main dealer service dept.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its NOT a recall, theres a technical service bulletin for the known issue.

Speak to your local Peugeot main dealer service dept.
Local Peugeot said they need to charge me £100 to diagnos the issue and said my car isn't under warranty so they will charge me.

Called customer services who said they do a good will gesture based on service history ect. They worked out I would get nowt towards the issue.

I'm gonna get car looked at tomorrow. I'm praying its something different

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi guys.For the last month or so I've been getting like a metal noise mostly when I pull on to the curb or turn corners. At first I thought it was the exhaust because it had that tinny sound but it's all nice and secure.

I am absolutely useless with cars so any help would be appreciated. I've been watching YouTube trying fo figure out what the noise could be but I've had no joy.

Cheers.
could be the front discs dust guard rusty try moving plate away from disc just a thought

1 - 12 of 12 Posts