Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, does anyone know the location of the airbag ECU on a 2002 307 HDi (90)?

Plus does anyone know where abouts the yellow MES connector/plug is on this model?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Plus a friend of mine has just done this on his Citroen (see vid)

And he says it should work on any car with a MES (Memory erase signal) plug.
Anyone have any thoughts on this before i attempt it?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Airbag ECU is located under the centre console behind the gear lever and is held in with three 10mm bolts.

Anyone following the vid I would advise the following:

Stick paper clips in airbag wiring at your own peril ! You have been warned.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok i said to myself if just one person said this was a bad idea i weren't going to do it lol :)

Ok, cheapest and best way to turn off this airbag warning?
The wiring loom has been sorted so there is no longer a problem other than the light!

·
5,891 Posts
There must still be a problem with the wiring. The airbag ecu is self resetting for wiring faults etc.

There is no MES all fault codes are erased via OBDC connector.

See if you can get codes read to see what faults are still logged

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok if you are sure there is still a problem with the wiring i will pull it all out again this weekend and have another look through it, will let you know how i get on.

Standard code reader shows no fault codes but that could just be the cheapo reader!

·
5,891 Posts
Does you code reader do airbag ecu's as most general code readers are engine only so will not display airbag faults.

Maybe worth looking on the planet map to see if you have a member nearby with Planet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts