Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is ESP something that can be retro fitted the same as CC? Would it just be as simple as plugging in an ESP module/dash switch and activating in Planet?

Thank you,

Neil

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Is ESP something that can be retro fitted the same as CC? Would it just be as simple as plugging in an ESP module/dash switch and activating in Planet?

Thank you,

Neil
As far as I'm aware, Nope.

From what I've read on the forum, the Comm unit needs a steering angle sensor to support esp so if yours doesn't then a new comm unit would be required. Is the connection for the switch vailable behind the blanking plate ? If it isn't then you will need to wire the switch in. Not sure if it is a seperate module for esp or if it is built into the ABS pump as it uses selective braking to do it's job. It also needs a Yaw rate and Lateral acceleration sensor.

Some info here.... ESP®

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
I have not looked into it yet, it was just a muse I was having yesterday.
I have a new comms unit, that appears to have had every option ticked, so I would be surprised if that is not ESP ready.
All I know is that ESP requires a separate module. Where it goes etc I have no idea.
I figured it was worth asking just in case it was as easy as cruise control was to set up. IT seems not. I will have a read up on what you have linked to.

Do you have any opinion on my other thread called checking mileage or something like that?

Thanks again for your input, I appreciate it.

Neil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts