Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me again guys!

Another question from me!

I've recently been getting the ESP/ASR not functioning message :( I do realise the main advice is to get my car hooked up to planet but this is not possible for me at the moment.

I have searched the forums regarding this but not seen anyone with the engine dying when this happens..

The worst thing is that when I get the message about ESP/ASR the car dies!! all power goes and the engine cuts out. One thing that is super strange is i've noticed that pretty much the only time I get this message is when i'm low on petrol and stuck in traffic with the engine running hot. Worst time for the car to die...

I did change my rear disks and pads a while back and im now starting to wonder if i've maybe got the ABS sensors dirty while I was cleaning off the hubs.

I'm thinking first step is to get the ABS sensors off and cleaned, and then i'll probably have to head to peugeot for a read off planet..

Any ideas or advice?

Cheers
Edd

2003 307 XSi 2.0 petrol.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Me again guys!

Another question from me!

I've recently been getting the ESP/ASR not functioning message :( I do realise the main advice is to get my car hooked up to planet but this is not possible for me at the moment.

I have searched the forums regarding this but not seen anyone with the engine dying when this happens..

The worst thing is that when I get the message about ESP/ASR the car dies!! all power goes and the engine cuts out. One thing that is super strange is i've noticed that pretty much the only time I get this message is when i'm low on petrol and stuck in traffic with the engine running hot. Worst time for the car to die...

I did change my rear disks and pads a while back and im now starting to wonder if i've maybe got the ABS sensors dirty while I was cleaning off the hubs.

I'm thinking first step is to get the ABS sensors off and cleaned, and then i'll probably have to head to peugeot for a read off planet..

Any ideas or advice?

Cheers
Edd

2003 307 XSi 2.0 petrol.
lol me gain. i get the this warning when i check with planet i get rear right wheel has abs sensor intermittent fault while car is moving, so first thing to do is get it on planet for check whenever you can. it disappears when i restart car :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys, I think i'm going to have to buy planet, with this car is looking like im going to need it... often... :rolleyes:

Cheers
Edd

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is pretty mad though that this fault causes the engine to die! I've had a few scary moment while in the middle of Stockholm city and having the engine cut out on me..

nearly had me in tears a few times now :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
it is pretty mad though that this fault causes the engine to die! I've had a few scary moment while in the middle of Stockholm city and having the engine cut out on me..

nearly had me in tears a few times now :)
lol defo get the planet mate or you might be going to a different planet your self:eek:

·
Registered
14,580 Posts
Sounds like you have 2 separate issues OR the same fault is causing 2 separate issues as an abs fault will not affect the running of the car

Underbonnet fusebox MIGHT be the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very old thread, but, yea, I have the same problem. Diesel 2006, 2.0 HDI. The engine stops after this message comes up. Faults P06, P1167 and P0745. However, the two latter has to do with the automatic transmission, solenoids. And yes, there are random other faults comming up, but it always starts with ESP/ASR NOT FUNCTIONING, and the engine stops.

I do not know what the first one means, P0006 i guess, something about fuel.

Did you find out the problem...?? I guess, its too long ago hehehe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finding this post via google, i am glad there is a recent activity in the discussion. Harder if one has to search multiple posts. I also have a similar problem. It seems that Esp fault comes on with abrupt breaking, then the engine misfires in 4 different cylinders (not random code, but specific cylinders), so i lose all power. Catalytic converter fault was also present, but even before all the misfires started. Problems go away upon restart.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts