Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi am looking into getting a 307 1.4 hdi cheap first off it has an abs problem of juddering to start with but could just be a sensor unless anyone can tell me different lol and just wondering what the 1.4 hdi was like engine wise and any common problems and are they worth touching like i said its 450 on an 03 plate many thanks :thumb:

·
11,711 Posts
Juddering when braking? Or all the time?

If its the first, then yes ABS sensor is most common, especially around 10-11 years old and 100k miles.

If the second then clutch.

The 1.4 doesn't show up much on here, it doesn't have much poke.

£450 is suspiciously cheap for a 2003 plater though. 200k and tatty interior?

Get one of us to do a diagnostic on it, there could be hidden nasties.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi

its done 178 not bad inside and has crack in windscreen and short test so there not really worth much and that's all he would get from we buy any car and he cant afford 2 cars so dunno if its worth a punt :thumb:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
needs slight attention is my Peugeot 307 style 1.4 hdi estate i bought this car to get me around why my car been off the road my car back now so this car up for sale reason for spares or repairs is that there is a fault on the abs when u first start car then drive the breaks judder like abs trying to work then the abs fault light comes on after a short time on dash then the breaks work fine been told sensors need cleaning common fault on Peugeot or may need new sensors £12.99 each on ebay and there is a crack in screen at the bottom was told it went through last mot like that other than the faults i have listed the car is ok for the high miles its done 178000 this car is ready to drive away its moted till 22nd of this month and taxed till end ov july and is surplus to me so needs to go its just had new breaks all round front and back disk and pads was told that prev owner just had new turbo late last year but nothing to proove it sold as spares or repairs needs to go asap cash on collection drive away

been offered £450 off webuyanycar.com and breakers have offered me £425 so if it dont reach nr £450 i will remove and just sell it webuyanycar,com so no silly phone offers :thumb:
thats all he put to me

·
11,711 Posts
It could be worth a risk if it drives OK, and engine and clutch are good. I'd go in low at £350, maybe go up to £400. But no more because when you factor in the known issues and the unknown issues, you could be potentially doubling the spend.

I can't see the breakers offering him this, I thought the going rate was £250.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
would take to breakers as when you get to webuyanycar i bet the price drops to about £50
Agreed. I put my 2004 laguna with 120k details on their site and the offer was £750 less the £50 administration fee. Then the site asked for details of faults. I entered the known faults and the quote came back at £75 with no administration fee. The faults were ABS light on and a gearbox issue. Got £450 trade in at the place I bought my 307 even after I told them all of the faults.

Guess this guy didn't mention the ABS fault or the cracked windscreen when he got his quote from them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts