Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Losing brake fluid and pretty sure its from the master cylinder, trouble is local motor factors are all showing different spec master cylinder for the car, with prices ranging from £50 - £150.

Car is a 53 plate 307 1.6 petrol.

Can anybody shed some light on which master cylinder i need, and what sort of a job is it to replace ?

Looks pretty straight forward with battery out of the way, and i can see linkage clearly enough inside passenger footwell.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Without the VIN and DAM number, servicebox shows several types of master cylinder.
2 different diameters - 22.2 & 23.8 with different cylinders for BVM & ESP / ESP and Different Bosch numbers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Not sure if this is the dam number, is it on the sticker inside door pillar ?

Mine reads ....... 969788
EZR

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Its the longer one of the two, diagram showing two types of each if i'm reading it correctly ?

One is 22.2 diameter and the other 23.8. Still unsure which one i need.

Where it says in green " until RPO 09927 " is that in regard to the DAM number ?

Sorry for sounding so clueless, but never had this much trouble trying to order parts, normally year and model is sufficient.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I may be able to narrow it down with the VIN. Just put the VIN of my last car in and it only has one option for the master cylinder whereas just picking the model and engine type gives me two options.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Belated update, but may help somebody in a similar predicament.

As mentioned in the original post, the master cylinder listed for my vehicle was the shorter/cheaper of the two, which turned out to be the wrong one.

After a bit of research i managed to find the correct one, which was the longer/more expensive of the two, however, i managed to get one for less than i was quoted originally for the shorter one.

It is the Bosch, and is 22.2 mm.

Seen it priced from anywhere between £140 and £199, but Eurocarparts ordered me one for a very reasonable £90.

As suspected the rear cylinder seal was leaking into the Servo unit, so no visible signs of leakage around the master cylinder, but if you look at linkage in passenger footwell, theres a sponge seal at the rear of the servo rod that was saturated with brake fluid.

Pretty straightforward job once the battery and battery tray are out of the way, and make sure you undo the battery tray mounting bolt thats behind the plastic wheel arch liner !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts