Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 307 SW HDi.
About 6 months ago, I started having massive problems with it.
Firstly, it started when I got in the car one day and tried to start the car. It started bleeping at me but after leaving it for about a minute, it then came back on.
For the next 2 weeks it was fine but then my wife took the car out and then after getting back in the car, all of the dashbard lights kept flashing intermittently and some more bleeping. I tried to sort this out and ended up starting the car by getting a jump start.
Since then, the car has been sitting on the drive so I guess the battery had run down, so I charged it up for about 4 days.
After reconnecting it and then turning the key in the ignition, absolutely nothing!

I am thinking about getting a new battery and realise that I need to get the car hooked up to some sort of machine to find out what is wrong with it.
Can anyone recommend the best person to speak to. I dont really want to take it to a dealer as they will charge the earth to even look at it.

Has anybody had any similar problems, and if so, how did you fix it?
Desperately yours!

D

·
0 Posts
Your first problem was putting the battery on charge for four days. Batteries don't like that much charging! :nono:
Get a new battery fitted and post up result then.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Your first problem was putting the battery on charge for four days. Batteries don't like that much charging! :nono:
Get a new battery fitted and post up result then.
AHHHHHHHHHH memories, stuck in the middle of a city at 6pm when all the shops are shutting. Two young upset children, freezing temperatures and lots of snow......

My own fault :mad: it was the battery.

If you have never changed a battery and want a step by step guide the democratic republic of peugeotforums will write one for you or point you in the direction of a good youtube instruction video.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts