Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Allure with leather seats, including a massage function on the driver's seat. My last car, a DS5, defaulted the massage function to Off, and I turned the function on when I wanted it. The 3008 seems to do the opposite, so the massage starts every time I get in the car.

To turn it off I need between 2 and 5 presses of the massage button, random number every time!

Does anyone else have the leather seat option on an Allure, and how does the message function work for you?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I have an Allure with leather seats, including a massage function on the driver's seat. My last car, a DS5, defaulted the massage function to Off, and I turned the function on when I wanted it. The 3008 seems to do the opposite, so the massage starts every time I get in the car.

To turn it off I need between 2 and 5 presses of the massage button, random number every time!

Does anyone else have the leather seat option on an Allure, and how does the message function work for you?

Thanks

I have a GT but I have to turn mine on when I want to use it although I don't like it very much so that isn't very often. Having said that I went out this afternoon having done a lot of bending and kneeling this morning and found my back was aching when I sat in the car. I switched the lumber massage function on and the massage was a great help.

Thinking about it I switched the engine off at one stage and got out of the car and had to switch on the massage function again so mine is obviously defaulted to off. There must be a setting in the menu somewhere to change the default but I'm afraid I don't know where to look.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No menu options at all for the massage function on Allure, maybe they are in the amplify settings on the GT. It's the massage button that brings up the massage options on the touchscreen on my car.

Hopefully a bug in the software that will be ironed out eventually.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
The instructions say press the button on the seat to activate so it shouldn't be starting when you turn on the ignition. Strange??!!

·
Registered
853 Posts

Thanks
I have the GT Line with massage function. When I first got the car the massage came on straight away. The controls are in both the iAmplify system and the profile system. I don't know if the allure has profiles but if it does just go into each of the 3 profiles settings and turn massage to off then save settings. Thats how mine works.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I don't know if the allure has profiles but if it does just go into each of the 3 profiles settings and turn massage to off then save settings. Thats how mine works. .
Same with the GT, the massage seat will come on (or not) depending on which profile is activated at the time. Again, simple to adjust the profile to give the settings that you want.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Allure does have 3 profiles, but no options within them for massage function.
I deleted all profiles (which returned the system to French language) and didn't set up a new one.

Today set up a new profile, with the massage function off, but the same happens.. Massage turns on about 10 seconds after starting the engine.

4 presses of the massage button to turn it off this morning, 3 presses this evening.

Faulty massage button perhaps?

Heading for a factory reset next, anyone tried that?

On a positive note, live services worked a couple of days after I signed the agreement without a further visit to the dealer, which I was expecting.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've tried extensively, there's no default to off in the version of the firmware I have.

I've tried going into the profile then into seat etc to switch off but nope.

In short they missed that test from the integration testing!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now taking 5 to 7 prods of the button to turn off the massage function, really hope a software update is on the way. Strange, but this was difficult to show an engineer as the car needs to be idle and locked for a few hours before the massage resets itself to 'on'.

·
Registered
2 Posts
brammo

Yes, i have exactly the same model with the leather / massage.
Peugeot don,t seem to have a clue !!
Even had them disconnect the button but it still comes on and i cant turn it off ?? Very annoying. It goes back in next week for a new button....... fingers crossed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, I have the same problem with the massage seat defaulting to on every time I start the car (Allure with Leather seat upgrade), did any of you manage to get it resolved?

·
Registered
10 Posts
massage seat

Hi,
Have same problem on my allure with seat upgrade - tried all menus but no luck. It remembers all settings eg massage type and low/med/high but not off -
comes on about 10secs after starting and requires 2-3 presses to turn off. Car is booked in for this in 3 weeks time but they say they are unaware of the problem - bit of a concern.Has anyone tried contacting Peugeot UK?
Will give it a go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cambridge dealership contacted Peugeot and they said it's a known problem and will probably need a software update but there is no timescale for this so we just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
10 Posts
peugeot uk claim

peugeot uk claim there is a "fix" for this but are unable to say what it is despite repeated requests. I remain unconvinced by this and will complain if it cannot be fixed when it goes to the dealer in a couple of weeks time.
Maybe its time to flag this on social media or with motoring journalists?
:mad:

·
Registered
158 Posts
peugeot uk claim there is a "fix" for this but are unable to say what it is despite repeated requests. I remain unconvinced by this and will complain if it cannot be fixed when it goes to the dealer in a couple of weeks time.
Maybe its time to flag this on social media or with motoring journalists?
:mad:
That's odd. My Allure with massage seats on both driver and passenger side never does that. It works as I would expect it to work. I rarely use the feature though.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.