Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just a quick question on that good old lack of power on hills lol, right i still got the same problem no codes when connected to pp , so went down the service route no joy and just out of curiosity disconnected the mass air sensor took it for a spin and this made no diffence to the car at all, now my question is would it or should it make a blind bit of differnce disconnected or not thats all .:thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
from what i know abot MAF sensors, is that if you disconnect it and drive...

a) and it makes no bit of difference to the performance, get that sensor changed.

b) and you suddenly suffer from a lack of performance and feels like the car is a sack of dirty pants...your sensor is fine.

so by the sounds of it, you need a new sensor...cheap and easy to replace :thumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks John for the swift reply
I was thinking that myself but just wasnt realy sure what it does to be honest, as for a sack of dirty pants lmao ive neva had that problem :D:thumb:
thanks again John

·
11,711 Posts
I was having a power loss problem a few months ago. It turned out to be a badly fitted air pipe with a bit of a gap. Re-seated it and flying again!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is there any known criteria for testing a mass air sensor with a mutimeter...as in resistance across terminals: what's good, what's bad etc? Related to my turbo lag problem I disconnected the MAF sensor this evening and it made absolutely no difference to the running of the car, which suggests that sensor may be at fault. I'm not getting any fault code for that but that's on a universal obd2 reader rather than planet.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yep, there not cheap, £200 from peugeot and £100 from motor factors. There are some on ebay for £30-40 but I wouldnt touch them....

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yep, there not cheap, £200 from peugeot and £100 from motor factors. There are some on ebay for £30-40 but I wouldnt touch them....
ive recently bought 2 from ebay and both times my car lost all its power. its still showing code p0100 air flow to slow or something. u live and learn....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Is there any known criteria for testing a mass air sensor with a mutimeter...as in resistance across terminals: what's good, what's bad etc? Related to my turbo lag problem I disconnected the MAF sensor this evening and it made absolutely no difference to the running of the car, which suggests that sensor may be at fault. I'm not getting any fault code for that but that's on a universal obd2 reader rather than planet.
sounds like it is knackered. generic obd2 readers dont really like peugeots so it might not pick it up...planet will be your best friend here.

sorry peeps, i assumed they were cheap as i can get brand new, from manufacturer, new MAF sensors for no more than £30. the funny thing is, its a peugeot engine! so maybe, just maybe a little cross over parts could be used. in other words my MAF can be used in your engines aswell. :thumb: if you want, i can take pics of all sides of it...:thumb:

·
11,711 Posts
Does anyone have any photos of the inside of the sensor housing? I was cleaning mine the other day and there appears to be two pairs of little metal pieces, but only one had a small wire connecting one of the pairs. Is this right?

D

·
0 Posts
Put the car on Planet again and check the air flow in relation to reference value. They should be the same. Go into parameter measurements for air.

·
11,711 Posts
A quick update to this, if you enter 5WK9621 into an Ebay search you get a wider and cheaper choice than if you typed Peugeot 307 MAF as the sensor is also the same on the Scudo and Berlingo to name but two.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts