Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

Just bought a 308 GT on a 66 plate. Updated the maps this evening, but had to sit in the car for an hour with the engine running while I deleted old map data and the new maps uploaded. I’d like to work out what I’ve done wrong for future reference.

Downloaded the navigation update from the Peugeot site, unzipped to memory stick etc. Tried to follow their instructions but it didn’t auto run or function as per the text. Had the instructions kindly provided on this forum and it didn’t follow that method either.

I didn’t seem to have the option to update the maps, only upload them, so had to delete all regions one by one. Then uploading new maps took ages. About 8 mins per region.

Maybe I should have updated firmware first?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Evening all,

Just bought a 308 GT on a 66 plate. Updated the maps this evening, but had to sit in the car for an hour with the engine running while I deleted old map data and the new maps uploaded. I’d like to work out what I’ve done wrong for future reference.

Downloaded the navigation update from the Peugeot site, unzipped to memory stick etc. Tried to follow their instructions but it didn’t auto run or function as per the text. Had the instructions kindly provided on this forum and it didn’t follow that method either.

I didn’t seem to have the option to update the maps, only upload them, so had to delete all regions one by one. Then uploading new maps took ages. About 8 mins per region.

Maybe I should have updated firmware first?
Hi I have a 308sw GT 2016 I updated maps but only the UK Map as I have no intention of going abroad took 20 mins also updated firmware to lastest version.My firmware was Firmware SMEG_5.4.B.R8: updating to SMEG_5.43.A.R2 which is the latest version.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now I know how long it takes to update, I’d never do the whole map set again. UK only from now on as you’ve done.

Now to check firmware level.....

·
Registered
978 Posts
I would say it takes longer than a hour if you're doing all the countries. I always do my updates when I'm taking the car for a long drive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would have been the more time efficient way of doing things, but also quite distracting, especially for the first go at it.

It did take about an hour for me also, partly because of my learning curve and I’m sure I went about illogically after the auto update failed to run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts