Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an earlier version of the maps v3.0.1 on my 3008 and want to update to the new version v7.0.0 but I am getting an error saying the "Update of map.eur has failed". Any ideas if I need to stage the update (e.g. go to 4.0.1 first etc)?

I have managed to update to the latest firmware V21.06.47.34_NAC-r0 01/12/17 so know that my USB stick is good.

I followed instructions to do the firmware update first then delete the files and just copy the extracted SWL folder from the map update on to the USB stick. I have also tried with and without adding the Updateinfo.xml to the USB stick and get the same error.

Any ideas appreciated?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Ian.
First things first ~ you will always need the UpdateInfo.xml file otherwise the update can not commence.
Secondly, you should be able to go direct from version 3 to version 7 without any other intervention.
So, let us look at this from the beginning.
1. Seeing as you have already carried out the Software update for the Infotainment, that proves there’s nothing wrong with your extraction method.
Quite often this is where the update fails as the single .tar file has not been disassembled successfully. With this I always recommend members to use 7-zip when using Windows.
2. Once extracted, reformat the USB Drive again to FAT, then copy the folder SWL and single file UpdateInfo.xml onto the USB Drive.
Make sure the UpdateInfo file remains outside of the SWL folder with both the folder and file at the root of the USB Drive.
3. Go to your car, switch on and make sure Stop/Start is deselected.
4. Insert USB Drive and wait...... If you get a failure just wait a little more. If after 30 seconds nothing changes or it still will not accept the Drive, remove it and try again. Try this several times if needed.

Other than that Ian you should be good to go.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Beards is spot on with his post however if you still have problems try fully formatting your USB stick between downloading firmware and downloading map updates. I had a similar experience to yours and the only way it would work was if I did the format.

I've not had trouble since so I think when I deleted the firmware to download the map update without formatting it there may have been a wayward file left behind somehow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I finally got the maps to download :) but had to use a windows PC.

I have a Macbook pro and used this to download the firmware file and used the archive utility tool to unzip the file to add to the USB. Plugged this in to the car and no problem. The firmware downloaded fine to the car.

Then reformatted the USB on my MacBook as FAT32. Again, good and uploaded the map software to the USB (the SWL folder + Updater.xml file). However, plugged it in the car and it started to go through the motions by selecting the various screens to get going, but when it got to the uploading screen it bombed out with an error message as I mentioned above. Tried different versions of map update and the same problem.

Then I thought I would try using my sons Windows laptop. Downloaded the file and unzipped it using 7-win and tried it in the car..........bingo !!......it went through.

So strange why using the MacBook for the firmware it worked fine. But for the map update it didn't.

Anyways, thank you guys for your support :thumb:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just had the same issue myself, software update went ok when done through MacBook but had to use my sons Windows machine for the map update.

Kwozzii

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've a week-old 308 and also had map update issues to "PSA_map-eur_8.0.0-r0-NAC_EUR_WAVE2.tar" on two different USB keys formatted to FAT on a Mac.

On Windows 7 in a virtual machine I formatted to FAT and extracted with 7Zip. Windows wanted 40 minutes to copy back to the USB key so I copied the extracted files via the Mac and the map update update worked fine this time.

I checked the extracted folders with 'diff' and contents were identical whether extracted by Windows, TAR or Archive utility.

So I think it's the Mac formatting routine the car doesn't like.

Hope that helps someone else succeed with a Mac. I only have Windows machines in a VM but we can all find one at work to format a USB key if need be.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I've a week-old 308 and also had map update issues to "PSA_map-eur_8.0.0-r0-NAC_EUR_WAVE2.tar" on two different USB keys formatted to FAT on a Mac.

On Windows 7 in a virtual machine I formatted to FAT and extracted with 7Zip. Windows wanted 40 minutes to copy back to the USB key so I copied the extracted files via the Mac and the map update update worked fine this time.

I checked the extracted folders with 'diff' and contents were identical whether extracted by Windows, TAR or Archive utility.

So I think it's the Mac formatting routine the car doesn't like.

Hope that helps someone else succeed with a Mac. I only have Windows machines in a VM but we can all find one at work to format a USB key if need be.
The Mac by default does not handle TAR files well.
You are best to use either ‘Unarchiver’ or ‘StuffIt Expander’.
I personally download all my TAR files on either my iMac or MacBook Pro.
Once downloaded I then use Unarchiver to open up the TAR files.
Worked fine every time. :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
In regards to updating from a Mac, I can confirm my issue was the native Mac unzipping of the .tar file. When I used Stuffit Expander the map update worked (this includes using Mac to FAT format the USB drive).

·
Registered
148 Posts
You really should use the nifty little (free) MacOS utility CleanMyDrive 2, which will remove the various invisible junk files the Mac OS dumps onto USB thumb drives

1 - 9 of 9 Posts