Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a Peugeot 308 SW GT that I picked up this year.
Tried to update the navigation according to instructions. Downloaded a file, extracted it to USB stick.

Put it in to the car and it said basically that navigation update detected, do you want to updated. I chose to update and the after like 2 seconds it said update failed. Tried re-doing everything many times, from re-formatting USB- drive to re-downloading the updated and extracting it again, but it still failed.

Found some forum thread that said that some car dealers don't register the car which can be a problem.

They say if the car is registered, the navigation has a tomtom symbol to the bottom right in the navigation screen but if not it says TMC.

Mine says TMC.

Not sure what to do about this. I tried running av firmware update located at the french Peugeot site which took like 20-25 min and that went fine though.

I could of course book a service request at the dealer to get the map update, but I don't want to do that several times a year.

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted only yesterday what I believe are the latest firmware and map update for the NAC system. I can't be sure of course, as I don't have this system! Are they the same as your downloads?

If you download from the link I gave and it works please report back.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/308-2014-122/peugeot-308-system-upgrade-338078/
Yes, that is the exact same link I downloaded from which failed for me.
Maybe I have to get the dealer to do it then. Maybe if they do it once, it will work for me in the future, hopefully.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sent an email to Peugeot Sweden today saying that all map updates fail and I also brought up the part that my Peugeot is probably not registered in that database since the logo on the screen says TMC instead of Tomtom and the fact that the info about map version is totally missing, as is the live traffic version info.

I hope they can help me out either by getting VIN number and do something or if I need to come in to the reseller to get it fixed.

But before I sent that email I downloaded the latest firmware update for the whole system and installed it. It took about 25min, thought it would go much faster. That update worked fine though, but after that, maps updates still fail.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sat nav update

hi guys,
im trying to update the nav software in my 308 allure.
been on the Peugeot website and downloaded the software, iv used a software to unzip as per the instructions but do not seem to be able to located the SWL file.

any ideas?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Yes we do need to know the year, or at least which mapping system you have.

If it's the SMEG system then this is what you should see on the USB drive.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts