Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read in another thread that you can download map updates from the My Peugeot site. I registered my car on there when the V5 arrived last week but it displays very little information about my car and doesn't give any options to download updates.

I entered the VIN and Reg number and it knows the warranty end date and colour but not the Trim level, Engine or Vehicle description. It doesn't even know the model and just shows the VIN under My Vehicles. I've tried deleting the vehicle and adding it again but I get the same. Not surprisingly it knows when the car needs to be booked in for a service :eek:

This is what I'm seeing, what is everyone else seeing?

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've read in another thread that you can download map updates from the My Peugeot site. I registered my car on there when the V5 arrived last week but it displays very little information about my car and doesn't give any options to download updates.

I entered the VIN and Reg number and it knows the warranty end date and colour but not the Trim level, Engine or Vehicle description. It doesn't even know the model and just shows the VIN under My Vehicles. I've tried deleting the vehicle and adding it again but I get the same. Not surprisingly it knows when the car needs to be booked in for a service :eek:

The only place I found the map updates was on the Peugeot French site you can log into the site using your log in details from the site you registered and you will find all your details there.

Reactions: ribs

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for that, downloading them now. :thumb:
I would be very interested in the file size of the maps file when your download is completed, I have a very slow internet and takes about 4 hours to download. Peugeot website was down for a short time this morning maybe they have fixed the problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would be very interested in the file size of the maps file when your download is completed, I have a very slow internet and takes about 4 hours to download. Peugeot website was down for a short time this morning maybe they have fixed the problem.

Thanks
The two files (Firmware and Maps) come in at just shy of 10GB. I have started the update process but it is taking forever. I have completed one firmware and one map so far and now another firmware update is running as I type thid.

The problem is it insists you are stationary before it starts and then tells you not to switch off the engine. Mines been updating for an hour and a half already! I couldn't bear just sitting there so went for a drive while it updated but you can't start another update unless you're stationary so I pulled over started that and carried on driving.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The two files (Firmware and Maps) come in at just shy of 10GB. I have started the update process but it is taking forever. I have completed one firmware and one map so far and now another firmware update is running as I type thid.

The problem is it insists you are stationary before it starts and then tells you not to switch off the engine. Mines been updating for an hour and a half already! I couldn't bear just sitting there so went for a drive while it updated but you can't start another update unless you're stationary so I pulled over started that and carried on driving.
I see you are doing this mobile I was trying to get the updates to my PC and then load it via usb.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3 updates later (6 if you count firmware+maps) and still it has more! I've given up for the day now as I have spent 3+ hours on this already. I'll do the next one when I have somewhere to go.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sorry my mistake I thought you had found a way to download an install on the go as it were. How big is the cartography file please this the designation on French website.

Cartographie : V.4.0.2-r0 du 05/04/2017 and this is the compressed file after download

PSA_map-eur_4.0.2-NAC_EUR_WAVE2.tar file size for this I have is 3.51 gig.

Can I also ask if your TomTom subscription includes any extras such as speed cams, I am trying to find out why my download stops short of 7.5 gig.

May help if you could say which country you are in I am clutching at straws here to see if there is a differance between EU or somewhere else.

Thanks for replies and any info you have.

????? Doc.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry my mistake I thought you had found a way to download an install on the go as it were. How big is the cartography file please this the designation on French website.

Cartographie : V.4.0.2-r0 du 05/04/2017 and this is the compressed file after download

PSA_map-eur_4.0.2-NAC_EUR_WAVE2.tar file size for this I have is 3.51 gig.

Can I also ask if your TomTom subscription includes any extras such as speed cams, I am trying to find out why my download stops short of 7.5 gig.

May help if you could say which country you are in I am clutching at straws here to see if there is a differance between EU or somewhere else.

Thanks for replies and any info you have.

????? Doc.
These are the files I downloaded:

PSA_ovip-int-firmware-version_21-05-68-24_NAC-r0_NAC_EUR_WAVE2.tar - 2.5GB
PSA_map-eur_4.0.2-NAC_EUR_WAVE2.tar - 7.8GB

I'm in the UK and my Tomtom subscription is not working yet.

·
Registered
160 Posts
These are the files I downloaded:

PSA_ovip-int-firmware-version_21-05-68-24_NAC-r0_NAC_EUR_WAVE2.tar - 2.5GB
PSA_map-eur_4.0.2-NAC_EUR_WAVE2.tar - 7.8GB

I'm in the UK and my Tomtom subscription is not working yet.
Thanks for the feedback I can only think it is a country location or the fact that my TomTom is live Traffic that it does not do the full download. Have to think about this and try the update in the car.

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
136 Posts

Theres a lot more info on the my peugeot phone app.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the phone app too but that doesn't do much, it tells me how many miles the car has done, how much fuel is in the tank and records the journeys but not much else useful.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
ribs
Can you confirm that you go direct to tomtom for map updates (quarterly?) etc ?.
Don't you have to go through the dealership network?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ribs
Can you confirm that you go direct to tomtom for map updates (quarterly?) etc ?.
Don't you have to go through the dealership network?
As above:

The Doctor said:
The only place I found the map updates was on the Peugeot French site you can log into the site using your log in details from the site you registered and you will find all your details there.

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
I got the map update offered on the My Peugeot site as soon as I registered there. You have to have a qualifying car of course, for free updates.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Very slow internet connection where I am; map update 7.5gb, 11 hrs remaining. I need a download helper as it's already dropped out once and I've had to restart!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got the map update offered on the My Peugeot site as soon as I registered there. You have to have a qualifying car of course, for free updates.
I think mine hasn't been linked correctly somewhere because it doesn't mention the model in the heading just the VIN number. My other car (Peugeot iON) shows correctly.

It wouldn't surprise me if the dealer hasn't completed something again as so far they haven't got back to me about the Tomtom live service and I noticed yesterday they have entered the wrong postcode when registering my car.

If they can't even enter a postcode correctly what chance do I have of them registering my car with Peugeot correctly :mad:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I think mine hasn't been linked correctly somewhere because it doesn't mention the model in the heading just the VIN number. My other car (Peugeot iON) shows correctly.

It wouldn't surprise me if the dealer hasn't completed something again as so far they haven't got back to me about the Tomtom live service and I noticed yesterday they have entered the wrong postcode when registering my car.

If they can't even enter a postcode correctly what chance do I have of them registering my car with Peugeot correctly :mad:
The multitasker strikes again?.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.