download
put on cd
put in car
update car

C

·
0 Posts
Basically yes.

Engine running all the time, no sim card in slot, disc may be ejected and reinserted a few times depends on software jump.

Don't just put the whole folder as is on a cd you need to put the files on it, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello everyone,just a quick question about the map update.At the moment i have a rt4 with s/w 8.31 with 2011/2012 maps.If I update the maps will i be able to use 7 digits in postcode search.
Should i just leave things as they are and work around only being able to use 5 digits?.
Can i just update the england/irish maps so i can use 7 digits or must all maps be updated to allow this.
Thank you hope someone can give me some answers .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Is there a version for Portugal with more recent maps (2013/2014)?
The language on this files can be set to the regional language (namely portuguese)?
The update for the 8.31 that you posted is only in english or can be set to the original language (portuguese on my case)?
If it not possible to set it for Portuguese can anyone provide the version for this language?
Many thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
HP.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The postcode can be entered instead of the name of the town as stated on page 148 of the handbook,but only 5 digits not 7.
Its a problem when out in the countryside and there's nothing to navigate to,unlike my 12 year old saab no problem there.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hi,
Is there a version for Portugal with more recent maps (2013/2014)?
The language on this files can be set to the regional language (namely portuguese)?
The update for the 8.31 that you posted is only in english or can be set to the original language (portuguese on my case)?
If it not possible to set it for Portuguese can anyone provide the version for this language?
Many thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
HP.
It is 2014, how recent do you want!

I believe the software installs all languages. I remember for certain that it installs all of the satnav voices. (The English voices are called Simon and Elizabeth. The Protugese ones are Amalia and Nuno.)

·
Registered
33 Posts
just got a shitty letter from peugeot saying its a old unit and not in production,so nothing can be done.Sent an email to magneti marelli to find out if the unit can do 7 digits with the new maps.Will post reply if i get one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Knev,, your posts very interesting and informative, but I am still in a haze. I have a 2007 -407 2.7 hdi saloon, with I think a RT4 satnav, which is so hopelessly out of date, it leads me to cross ploughed fields which havent seen a footpath since 1914 and ignores main roads which have been in existence for more than 20 years, particularly in northern France. I understand the procedures from your posts, but which files do I need for all of Europe and once it has started does it need any other attentions until completed... Your assistance will be gratefully received.- Harold1.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm new to all this...

Hi,

I am new to this and only had my 407 coupé for less than a week. It is on 2008 maps still and I was wanting to update it. I downloaded the top link in the above quote: "Map2013-2014 за RNEG Peugeot/Citroen".
Now I have uncompressed the .rar I am left with a list of files and a folder of 7.75gb in size. How do I go about burning this to a CD, as it obviously won't fit on one disc, or is that why you have posted seperate maps for each country (area of europe) in further posts?
I thought that I was just trying to save time in downloading all of the maps separately. I know the official discs from peugeot say that they come with 9 CDs.

Also, my software version is on 7.something and I have also downloaded the 8.31. Should I update software first before the maps?
Sorry for the long post and all the questions, just want to clarify things and not end up bricking my system.

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hi & welcome.

A 2008 coupe should have an RT4 or possibly an RT5, so it's the second post in that thread for you (and me).

I've installed successfully the maps, software 8.31, and speed cameras from those links.

The maps and software are ISOs, so they're best to do by burning a CD.
The speed cameras are just a load of files, and the easiest way to do this is to get the USB working and use a flash drive. The USB is pretty essential if you intend to copy in much music.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi & welcome.

A 2008 coupe should have an RT4 or possibly an RT5, so it's the second post in that thread for you (and me).

I've installed successfully the maps, software 8.31, and speed cameras from those links.

The maps and software are ISOs, so they're best to do by burning a CD.
The speed cameras are just a load of files, and the easiest way to do this is to get the USB working and use a flash drive. The USB is pretty essential if you intend to copy in much music.
Many Thanks for that reply. Made it clearer for me.
I realise that I was being a bit dense as I knew I had the RT4 unit, was just not downloading the correct files!
I assume it doesn't matter if I update maps first and then software or vice versa?

As for the USB.. there isn't a USB port is there? I did briefly see something the other day about installing one but sounded a bit complicated. For now I appear to have a hard drive full of music from the previous owner of the car to keep me going!

Thanks again though, I appreciate your help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dar Knev,
sorry, but for Rt3 firm + map 2013-2014 in Position 10 (Europe East (North-East) 2012/2013) the link doesn´t work (Jheberg - Erreur 404 ) I´ve got an errorlevel 404. Are youable to help me?
Sincerely yours: buerste64

·
Registered
10 Posts
Which one do I need...

I have a 407 coupe from 2006 sat nav and would like to update it.... can you confirm which one I need to download and what map to download for UK to get it upto date.

thanks in advance guys!!

41 - 60 of 82 Posts