Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 307cc 3 years ago and I have countless problems with electrics and cracklings at the overhead. I am in desperation.
Please help. What should I do?

·
Registered
93 Posts
STAVROSP said:
I bought 307cc 3 years ago and I have countless problems with electrics and cracklings at the overhead. I am in desperation.
thats nothing, my friend has audi a4 and volvo s40, and they dont get worse than that for elec probs

·
Registered
862 Posts
ash said:
thats nothing, my friend has audi a4 and volvo s40, and they dont get worse than that for elec probs

Wanna add Fiat (Fix It Again Tomorrow) and Alfa Romeos to that list,these make french electrics seem perfect in comparison,and as for Chrysler :nono:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 307cc which i purchased in November and have had several problems with the electronics and other things. Some have been fixed by the dealer others I'm still waiting on. On a trip to Glagow the abs and esp warning lights came on and a warning message came up on the dash. I stopped and called out the AA. they found that the reverse light was stuck on and this was causing a short on the system which had set off the warning lights. They disconnected it and I took it into the dealer the following week after I returned from Holidays.
I have had to take the car in because the split climate control was only working on the drivers side. They had the car for 4 days to remove the whole dash to fix it.
Yesterday as I left work the engine management light came on along with both airbag lights and a message came up on the dash saying the pollution control system was faulty. The airbag lights have now gone off but the engine light and warning are still there. Anyone got any ideas? I'm beginning to get to the end of my rope with this car, the garage have had it almost as much as i have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
STAVROSP said:
I have a 307cc which i purchased in November and have had several problems with the electronics and other things. Some have been fixed by the dealer others I'm still waiting on. On a trip to Glagow the abs and esp warning lights came on and a warning message came up on the dash. I stopped and called out the AA. they found that the reverse light was stuck on and this was causing a short on the system which had set off the warning lights. They disconnected it and I took it into the dealer the following week after I returned from Holidays.
I have had to take the car in because the split climate control was only working on the drivers side. They had the car for 4 days to remove the whole dash to fix it.
Yesterday as I left work the engine management light came on along with both airbag lights and a message came up on the dash saying the pollution control system was faulty. The airbag lights have now gone off but the engine light and warning are still there. Anyone got any ideas? I'm beginning to get to the end of my rope with this car, the garage have had it almost as much as i have.

·
Registered
862 Posts
SimonTelford said:
If your car is still under warranty take it back to the dealer and tell them you dont want it back untill its 100% ok,you could also contact citizens advice as to your rights about rejecting the vehicle,as it is obviously not fit for the purpose for which it was intended.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the moose said:
If your car is still under warranty take it back to the dealer and tell them you dont want it back untill its 100% ok,you could also contact citizens advice as to your rights about rejecting the vehicle,as it is obviously not fit for the purpose for which it was intended.
Thanks very much for that. It went in yesterday and they have finally fixed the climate control properly and the binding on the rear brake discs. The engine management light fault turned out to be a software fault. Lets hope it will behave for a while now.

I had a 206cc prior to it and loved it. If this will start to be as reliable from now on then I'm sure I will be just as happy with it. It's not quite as much fun to drive being a little bigger and less nippy but it' still great fun to drive when it's working.

·
Registered
2 Posts
johnc said:
What's actually wrong, if you are specific we can diagnose all faults and will gladly assist
hello do you think you could help regarding my 307cc i cant open hard roof top unless i have someone holding button down whilst i try manually to make it work from the boot - i keep getting message boot mechanism not locked can you help please

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update: Well It was not the last of my problems. My 307cc has now been back to the dealer with the following faults. 3 times with Engine Management system failures, 4 times with ABS/ESP system faults, 2 times with Air Bag system faults, twice because the windows were winding down on their own, once for the Climate Control, once for the faulty drivers door handle, once for a sticking reverse light, once for the clock resetting to 2003, I decided that I had had enough and I sent a letter to the garage requesting a replacement car. The first letter got a polite no way. I sent a second letter and told the garage I would go to the local papers and to Trading standards. I did contact Trading standards for advice and found some interesting info: The garage is entitled to 3 attempts to repair your car if they fail to correct the fault after that then. You are legally entitled to a like for like replacement or your money back. I have a new car on the way in a week to 10 days. So if your having a lot of trouble, Go to Trading Standards preferably before your warranty expires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do Not Ever Buy!!

All I Can Say To Anybody Wanting To Buy A 307cc Is Dont!!!!!!

Have Had Problems With The Roof Of The Car, In And Out Of Garage Since I Bought It!!! Same Problem Wouldnt Fix Untill Warrenty Ran Out Then Told (after A £850 Bill Last Time) That Peugeot Would Not Do Anything About It Or Help In Anyway Even Though The Roof Never Worked!!!

Will Never Buy A Peugeot Again!! No Customer Service, Sold A Dodgy Car, And No Help To Fix There After!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do Not Buy!!!

All I Can Say To Anybody Wanting To Buy A 307cc Is Dont!!!!!!

Have Had Problems With The Roof Of The Car, In And Out Of Garage Since I Bought It!!! Same Problem Wouldnt Fix Untill Warrenty Ran Out Then Told (after A £850 Bill Last Time) That Peugeot Would Not Do Anything About It Or Help In Anyway Even Though The Roof Never Worked!!!

Will Never Buy A Peugeot Again!! No Customer Service, Sold A Dodgy Car, And No Help To Fix There After!!!

C

·
0 Posts
But what about the lady across the road from me who's had her cc for 6 years and 80k miles with no problems at all? Just cos you've bought a pup doesn't mean the rest of the world have.

As for the rest of it, if the dealer's so crap at sorting out the problems them you should've wised up and rejected the vehicle while you had the chance. I threatened this once (on my 7 series), rang the finance company to start the ball rolling, and they leaned very heavily on the dealer. Suddenly the immobiliser was fitted with a new control unit and the damn thing actually started occasionally. You should've done the same. You wouldn't put up with a telly that kept packing up, so why a car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Normally I Would Agree With You, However, They Kept Repairing It And Sending It Back To Me, Then It Would Work For A Few Weeks And Break Down Again. The Officiall Dealer Didnt Contact Peugeot To Let Them Know They Were Fixing Under Warrenty, So When I Said To Them What Had Happened They Said This Is The First They Had Heard Of It So They Were Not Willing To Do Anything.

Also I Do Not Appear To Be Alone In This? It Would Appear That The Roof Is A Weak Point! Hence We Are Typing In A Forum Called "many Problems With 307cc"

S

·
0 Posts
Why do you type every word starting with a capital letter?? And why bump a 3 year old thread for this when you already made your own?

Anyway back on topic, why didnt you take it to another dealer instead of using the same one each time, did you think about complaining to peugeot uk about sub-par repairs, have you tried emailing puegeot uk about the current issue to see if they offer goodwill payment?

There are/were many different options available to you with this so get on the case instead of going on an all out rant about it, if i kept going to somewhere that kept doing a dodgy job i'd eventually wise up, move on and deal with it....

·
Registered
280 Posts
ryan1982 said:
Normally I Would Agree With You, However, They Kept Repairing It And Sending It Back To Me, Then It Would Work For A Few Weeks And Break Down Again. The Officiall Dealer Didnt Contact Peugeot To Let Them Know They Were Fixing Under Warrenty, So When I Said To Them What Had Happened They Said This Is The First They Had Heard Of It So They Were Not Willing To Do Anything.

Also I Do Not Appear To Be Alone In This? It Would Appear That The Roof Is A Weak Point! Hence We Are Typing In A Forum Called "many Problems With 307cc"
This thread that before today hadnt been touched for 2 years? :shrug:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I completely feel your pain. I myself bought a 307cc 2.0 Hdi Sport last week and before I'd even got it home, it broke down!!! fortunately it is still under warranty and I managed to force it to get to the Peugeot garage where it promptly breathed it's last on the forecourt :mad:

It has been with the dealer for a week while they have replaced the fuel filter, changed the fusebox and repaired the faulty trip computer. I finally got it home yesterday and realised that the trip computer is now even worse than before!

It states that I drive at a constant 9mph and that I get 999 miles to the gallon! (I'd be overjoyed if this was actually the case)

After reading some of the posts on this forum about VERY expensive repair costs, I'm wondering whether I made the right decision on my car choice, which is a shame as the old Peugeots were very reliable motors, doesn't seem like the newer ones have been fitted with quality parts

D

·
0 Posts
Tell us what the problems are with the car and we can help rather than complaining about it. Save complaints for Peugeot.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I believe all 307 trip computers are the same, if you get the one that changes every second then it will tell you that you get 999 mpg when you lift your foot off, you should choose the the option that just tells you your average MPG & speed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What's actually wrong, if you are specific we can diagnose all faults and will gladly assist
please read my add my username is kylo..have the simalar problem with the 307 cc..agents have removed the part that hold the cable and have just keft it in the hood lining could this be the problem ???

1 - 20 of 27 Posts