Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests, is there any way to manually raise electric windows when the car is in Economy Mode?

The car is in a local garage currently and won't be startable anytime soon, I need to get it moved to my driveway and 1 of the windows is down, so not ideal given the current weather conditions.

If not, anyone got the best method of temporarily covering it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
If the car is in a garage then they should be able to put 12v direct to the motor of the window I would presume

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you take the door card off CAREFULLY and cut the soundproofing you can get to the window motor. Unscrew the actual motor and wind it up manually. Make sure you keep note of which way it came off because for some reason it doesn't work upside down.

This is a bit of a job, so personally I'd just get some binbags and sticky tape.

I wouldn't mess around with 12v feeds, there's a lot of wiring around the door ecu that does mirrors and other stuff and you really don't want to put 12v down a CAN wire!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
If the battery is still connected you could try pressing and HOLDING the lock button on the key, this should normally close any open windows.

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
This is the problem with starting a new thread if you dont give all the facts the suggestions you get wont work !

Since your BSI is unhappy its unlikely the suggestions above will work other than the door card removal powering the motor wont work due to the motor design

What does work on most cars is to tow it in gear this wakes the BSI AS THE BSI only needs a crank signal to wake so towing it wakes the system and you can then wind the windows up.

Problem is in your case your ecu being locked might prevent the crank signal getting to the BSI but it may actually help your issue so i suggest you try it you never know it might just bring the BSI back to life.

Failing that or if you cant do that removal of the motor and pulling the window up then refitting the motor does work its just a bit of time to remove everything.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I remember seeing an option in PP2000 that allows you to temporarily disable ECO mode as some of the diagnostics won't work in ECO mode. This should give you enough time to raise the windows normally.

·
5,830 Posts
Does holding key in lock position not work cannot remember if it did on my old 307 or if it was my vectra

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Windows are up, but I'm not sure what the solution was!

I did offer the suggestion to the garage about towing it in gear, but I haven't heard from them since they towed it back, so either it was that or they thought of something else. I will find out at some point and update!

Thanks all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts