Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a peugeot 307 2001 1.6 and have a manual tempreture control with aircon (3 dials and 3 buttons) but was wondering if it is possible to change it to the full auto climate control system - the one with the screen

i was planning on going to a scrappy and getting the control itself with the sensors that go with it..

any info will be very greatfull

thanks..

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stubbo said:
This.... could get messy! :lol:

I think theres BSI configurations to consider when doing this!

well... heres a funny story.. i went to peugeot asking about this and they just laughed and didnt take it seriously :cool: i think they gave me a fob story as it was "we will need to send it away to get done as we dont have the facilities to" oh well looks like i will have to put up with it.. :mad:

G

·
...and you'd need the control unit to work all the cables if you dispense with the manual knobs. I'm sure it could be done, but it's likely not a minor task.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've decided to start researching this further...looking at other forums for different cars they work as a cosmetic by just changing the panel...but since this is a peugeot forum, we cant do things by half and have to show the bmw and merc owners how it is done properly....

now what i have found is on the manual controls there are 3 plugs that go in the rear - same as the auto, but different amount of pins and style of connections on 2 of the plugs. also on the manual there are 2 pull wires, 1 does temp the other, which way the air goes....

now if i am thinking right or this night shift is messing with my head, the air all comes from one hole, in the center near the bottom of the car, some sort of regulator, obviously this needs to change to the auto and the harness to go with it.

the other is the temp and again this goes to one place (not to sure yet) - need more research on this end.

another thing to install is the internal temperature probe (to display on the control screen) this fits into the peice on the center console that has a few horizontal lines. this will also need a harness...

sounds kinda simple, which in theory it should as dealers offer this as an addon, or am i wrong here. i think someone with full servicebox docs could clear this up.

any other ideas. Here are a few pics to help

back of auto panel (ignore the circles made by the cheese eating surrounder monkies)

i cant find a pic of the rear of the manual to show the differences and similarities

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that blue plug looks very similar to one of the connectors on the back...another thing to look at is the harnesses

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.