Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have decided to put in a manual boost adjuster. (peugeot expert van, 2,0 HDI ´02
where do i place it? i am aware its supposed to be on the vacuum hose to the wastegate, but before or after the boost sensor? (before=the car wont know that it is given more boost/ after= the sensor will see the higher pressure.)

i have been told the car should be at 0,9 bar, and the ecu will allow a max 1,1 bar. and 1,0-1,1 is fine with me, just need a little more power, when heavily loaded. (the car is getting a boxtuning, too)

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
Cant be done on a vacuum hose as the vacuum controls the wastegate CLOSING reduce the vac with a bleed valve and you will reduce your boost :)

Can only be done on 90 hp engines with internal boost control

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cant be done on a vacuum hose as the vacuum controls the wastegate CLOSING reduce the vac with a bleed valve and you will reduce your boost :)

Can only be done on 90 hp engines with internal boost control
mine is the 94 hp version, which, to my understanding, is the 90 hp with an intercooler. but this is my first diesel, and my first turbo...
i dont know if the hoses are vacuum hoses.

Does your turbo not have a variable vane turbo, not a wastegate ?
i have no idea. i thought that would be the 110 hp version.?

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
Chassis code tells you engine type it will be RHY or RHZ read your number and see what code it is

RHY 90 self regulating wastegate can be fitted with bleed valve

RHZ 110 externally regulated by vacuum cannot be easily moded

van power outputs vary from car outputs so 94 could well be a 110 RHZ engine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chassis code tells you engine type it will be RHY or RHZ read your number and see what code it is

RHY 90 self regulating wastegate can be fitted with bleed valve

RHZ 110 externally regulated by vacuum cannot be easily moded

van power outputs vary from car outputs so 94 could well be a 110 RHZ engine
engine code RHX. the bottom end is an RHY from a picasso, as the original one decided to eat a valve :(

installed a boost gauge today. boost is 0,95, with peaks at 1,2-1,3 bar. everything is stock.
am i safe raising this (if i can) to 1,1?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well. now im a bit wiser. the turbo does have a WG, but it is vacuum operated. so the normal way of fitting a manual boost controller wont work.
i then came up with an idea... fitting the MBC just before the thing that tells the engine what its boost is. (lack of englishskills, sorry). and it works.. the engine thinks it is operating at ,95 bar, while im getting 1,2 bar on my gauge. is this an ok way of raising boost? or am i asking for disaster.

another Q: the wastegate is adjusted by a vacuum solenoid. can that be adjusted? so i get the higher boost from there? that way the engine will know about the higher boost, and add more fuel?

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
The vacuum valve is controlled by the ecu which in turn needs the signal from the boost sensor so what you have done will increase boost but NOT fuel.

Other than remapping I do not think you can do much more what you have done will make the turbo work harder so may cause premature wear

1 - 8 of 8 Posts