Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New to Peugeot Forums. Have had my 2006 Peugeot 206 1.4 Sport for about a year and so far it's been a very nice and reliable little car. However, i've recently been getting a very strange and a very serious electrical problem.

Last Saturday, the car was MOTd which went ok. It also had a front tyre changed. Later that day I took it on quite a long drive down the motorway, partly to check that the wheels were balanced after the tyre change. On my way back I heard a faint buzzing noise from behind the dashboard somewhere. About a minute later, the car beeped at me, and the multi-function display said "BRAKING FAULT" and "ABS FAULT". The Stop light was flashing and the Brake warning and ABS warning lights were on. After trying the brakes and satisfying myself they were still ok, I proceeded home as normal without incident. I booked the car into my local Peugeot dealership in Sidcup, but couldn't get an appointment for a week. I continued to use the car, still displaying the lights and warnings which intermittantly appeared and disappeared.

A few days later, another fault came up as well as the Braking and ABS faults. This time it was "AIRBAG FAULT" and the airbag warning light. As the week progressed, more and more warnings were being added to the list. It went into Peugeot and was serviced, but they were unable to diagnose the electrical problem there and then, and booked it in for a closer look next week. On return from the dealership, the dashboard was lit up like a christmas tree, with the Stop, ABS, Brake, Airbag and EML warning lights on and all of them cycling on the MFD.

This morning, when I started it the only fault remaining was "ANTI-POLLUTION FAULT", all the others had extinguished. I drove it to the shops, parked it and came back to it later. On return, all of the previous faults returned (Airbag, ABS, Braking, Anti-Pollution), with all dashboard lights on again. I decided to go home. During the journey home, the speedometer started freaking out (going to my speed then down to zero and back up again), before failing altogether. The final blow was when I just reached my road - I put the clutch down to come to a stop and the engine quit. It didn't even idle, the RPM just went straight down to zero and it stalled itself.

I have no idea what could have caused this, but it's quite unnerving! Being a relatively new driver, I want a car that works properly and isn't going to leave me in awkward or dangerous situations, and a car that's only four years old should handle that with ease should it not?!

Any reply would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
pugbod said:
too many questions and very little info?? what is the car/engine/diesel/petrol
Peugeot 206 Sport, 1.4 litre 16 valve, Petrol, Manual. Bog standard no modifications. 06 Plate, 28000 miles. Never had any problems with it until now (just out of warranty - typical), apart from an irratic idle which hasn't been much of an issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pugbod said:
anti pollution is a diesel problem and not consistent with a petrol engine what are the fault codes?
Well the multi-function display said "ANTI-POLLUTION FAULT" accompanied by the EML light. Don't know about codes, I don't have any diagnostic equipment. When it was at Peugeot they kept them as they were unable to find the fault and will have the car back with them next week.

I doubt the fault it's showing is even genuine. It's showing so many in so many different systems that there can't be faults on all of them. It seems to be more a problem with the electrics rather than the systems it's warning me about.

·
Registered
239 Posts
that's the problem with new cars and diagnostics ( I had to make sure your question was serious and not a test on my qualifications to answer ) which is perfectly acceptable of course " fault codes on newer cars are very important " so get a print out which your entitled to.:)

I don't like to edit but this time could be good for you ( the more fault codes you get means its a minor problem and one thing is causing the problem ) good luck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds similar to a Citroen C5 I was working on a couple of weeks ago!
after the brake service we road tested the car before giving it back to the customer, and it came up with ABS fault, then Airbag fault on its display after a couple of emergency stops trying the brakes. then after refueling the car and it being locked, it seemed to have erased the faults????? cos I checked back in the garage and found none??

·
Registered
1 Posts
2009 Peugeot 308 electric gauge problems

Sometimes my gauges work on my 2009 Peugeot 308 (purchased in Guadalajara, Mexico) when I turn on the car and sometimes they don't. The dealership service center tried to fix it twice and the problem returns. This last time they thought they had fixed it and said there was no charge because it was still under warranty. But before we even left the dealership's repair shop the gauges failed to come up again! So we had to leave the car there for further investigation. Now they say that a part is needed and it costs $10,000.00 pesos which is about $850.00 US dollars. I can't understand why the part would not be covered under the warranty but all our papers are in Spanish and we do not speak or read Spanish.
I know we are not exceeding any mileage limits and time limits on the warranty.
Anyone have any advice or suggestions. Does anyone know where I would go to look to see if there has been any recall regarding the electrical panel?
Thanks,
Jan
[email protected]

G

·
No such reacll (in the UK) for the 308. There was a fusebox recall, but that's because the same 'box in other models was catching fire.

G

·
Peugeot 206 Sport, 1.4 litre 16 valve, Petrol, Manual. Bog standard no modifications. 06 Plate, 28000 miles. Never had any problems with it until now (just out of warranty - typical), apart from an irratic idle which hasn't been much of an issue.
Irratic idle is cured by engine ecu download and reinitilisation of autoadaptives. Very common ailement in ET3 engine. Irratic idle can be attributed to a soft engine mount also. It will cause the same vibrations.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 207cc 1.6 model dashboard electrical failure

Help, my 207cc dashboard electrics are intermittently failing!
when i turn the ignition on occasionally theie is no reading on speedo rev counter or fuel gauges and the dash lights fail.
seems to be worse in winter on cold/wet mornings
can drive to work with no instrument dials, park the car for an hour, restart & the dials are functioning again.
all other car functions work normally.
is there a quick fix? is the ECU failing ?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Help, my 207cc dashboard electrics are intermittently failing!
when i turn the ignition on occasionally theie is no reading on speedo rev counter or fuel gauges and the dash lights fail.
seems to be worse in winter on cold/wet mornings
can drive to work with no instrument dials, park the car for an hour, restart & the dials are functioning again.
all other car functions work normally.
is there a quick fix? is the ECU failing ?
Better create a new thread as this one is quite old.

First, read these two and surely will help.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...ntact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/#post529130

cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

New to Peugeot Forums. Have had my 2006 Peugeot 206 1.4 Sport for about a year and so far it's been a very nice and reliable little car. However, i've recently been getting a very strange and a very serious electrical problem.

Last Saturday, the car was MOTd which went ok. It also had a front tyre changed. Later that day I took it on quite a long drive down the motorway, partly to check that the wheels were balanced after the tyre change. On my way back I heard a faint buzzing noise from behind the dashboard somewhere. About a minute later, the car beeped at me, and the multi-function display said "BRAKING FAULT" and "ABS FAULT". The Stop light was flashing and the Brake warning and ABS warning lights were on. After trying the brakes and satisfying myself they were still ok, I proceeded home as normal without incident. I booked the car into my local Peugeot dealership in Sidcup, but couldn't get an appointment for a week. I continued to use the car, still displaying the lights and warnings which intermittantly appeared and disappeared.

A few days later, another fault came up as well as the Braking and ABS faults. This time it was "AIRBAG FAULT" and the airbag warning light. As the week progressed, more and more warnings were being added to the list. It went into Peugeot and was serviced, but they were unable to diagnose the electrical problem there and then, and booked it in for a closer look next week. On return from the dealership, the dashboard was lit up like a christmas tree, with the Stop, ABS, Brake, Airbag and EML warning lights on and all of them cycling on the MFD.

This morning, when I started it the only fault remaining was "ANTI-POLLUTION FAULT", all the others had extinguished. I drove it to the shops, parked it and came back to it later. On return, all of the previous faults returned (Airbag, ABS, Braking, Anti-Pollution), with all dashboard lights on again. I decided to go home. During the journey home, the speedometer started freaking out (going to my speed then down to zero and back up again), before failing altogether. The final blow was when I just reached my road - I put the clutch down to come to a stop and the engine quit. It didn't even idle, the RPM just went straight down to zero and it stalled itself.

I have no idea what could have caused this, but it's quite unnerving! Being a relatively new driver, I want a car that works properly and isn't going to leave me in awkward or dangerous situations, and a car that's only four years old should handle that with ease should it not?!

Any reply would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Tom
Hi Tom, I know it's been a while, but do you rememeber how thsi isuue was resolved and if it cost a lot?
I'm having similar problems with a peugeot 207, except my car's done over 80k miles.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
As jimmymarsbar says - check the battery and connections. Low battery voltage causes lots of weird false errors with various ecu's. Recently had my 308 show stop and repair needed on my way home from work.. As soon as I got home I ran a diagnostic and all sorts of weird errors were showing. Part way through the diagnostic the screen showed it had gone into eco mode and when I tried to start the car it barely turned over. New battery and all is well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
anti pollution is a diesel problem and not consistent with a petrol engine what are the fault codes?
not true at all general Peugeot fault code for petrol too but could literary be anything so not very helpful thanks french cheese eating surrender monkeys

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.