Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi :)

I'm about to purchase a 2003 206cc and before I sign the contract just wanted to know what the overall opinion is on them?

There are planty of sites that have information on what they are like new, but how are they after a few years? Maintenance / problems and if you could go back to when you bought it would you do it all again?

I really appreciate anyone with a few minutes spare to help me out here :nod:

Kind Regards,
Samantha.

:thumb:

Nb: Yes this thread is also in General Discussion & Coupes, I need info asap :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seriously guys...

Simple question, would take 30 seconds to answer.

If you could go back to when you bought your Peugeot would you do it all again?

Kind regards,
Sam.

·
Registered
862 Posts
SAM112 said:
Hi :)

I'm about to purchase a 2003 206cc and before I sign the contract just wanted to know what the overall opinion is on them?

There are planty of sites that have information on what they are like new, but how are they after a few years? Maintenance / problems and if you could go back to when you bought it would you do it all again?

I really appreciate anyone with a few minutes spare to help me out here :nod:

Kind Regards,
Samantha.

:thumb:

Nb: Yes this thread is also in General Discussion & Coupes, I need info asap :p
make sure you do a hpi check,and also that any recall work has been done.

Test the central locking to ensure that it works correctly. The locking system can 'bounce.' This is where you lock or unlock the car and it immediately re-locks or re-opens itself.
Check the paperwork to see if the cam belt has been changed on schedule. On most engines the cam belt must be changed within 5 years or 72,000 milCheck that the amber engine management light comes on with the ignition and goes off shortly after the engine starts. Leave the engine running and ensure it runs smoothly and doesn't misfire (coughs and splutters). Drive the car to ensure it doesn't suffer a lack of power at any given speed.es. Many
garages recommend changing the belt at 60,000 miles.
Feel the front footwell carpets to ensure they are not wet. Smell for dampness.
Check that all the switches work correctly, especially the indicators and headlight light controls. The multiplex electrical system uses radio waves rather than wires to send the signals from switches to components and can fail, causing fire in the most extreme situations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts