Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
After my car went into the garage for a timing chain it came back out with no radio clock sat nav etc screen is dead. The mechanic told me all he did was disconnect the battery.
A Peugeot tech came down and tried to install the latest firmware, apparently the lion came up on the screen then it went black again he said straight away screen fooked. Is there a procedure for reconnecting the battery???.

That was about 8 weeks ago, since then the garage has been back on the phone asking if I got it going again as if its my problem it was working when it went in, he has since had a customer with a flat battery on a 508, took out the battery re charged it put it back in and his screen has gone dead as well with the sound of a cd trying to load.

On the dash it tells you radio off and zone not mapped, this is doing my nut trying to find out what is wrong even Peugeot uk don't know, surely im not the only owner plus 1 to have experienced this.

Please help.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Very suspicious isn't it... two 508's in... "all he did was disconnect the battery" and now the headunit doesn't work.

Even in the days of the 407's, it was only the earlier one's that were unreliable. By the 508, all these kinks should be well ironed out by then.

I reckon he did something stupid he isn't let on, otherwise you would have scores of customers complaining about their pugs because they got the battery changed and alot of things stopped working! The 508 isn't unique, the electrics will be shared with other PSA models!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I expect he disconnected the battery without waiting for the BSI to go to sleep, without ensuring the doors were shut, etc..... Anyone who works on Peugeots should know the procedure.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I expect he disconnected the battery without waiting for the BSI to go to sleep, without ensuring the doors were shut, etc..... Anyone who works on Peugeots should know the procedure.
No.... because the headunit would still work. The headunit would work even if there wasn't a BSI connected. Sure there may be glitches like when you turn the temp up, it wouldn't display on the screen but the screen would be on!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tried a bsi reboot, the screen has a very dim backlight but wont come to life im thinking the screen is fooked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts