Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Phoned main dealer today to get my CD/Radio tuned to my car (old car had a new ECU and CD now bleeping), they told me that I would need a diagnostic to find out what the problem is (£66 + VAT) plus then so long as its only a re-tuning matter (£67 +VAT) but if they find any other problems they would have to quote for that at the time, despite me telling them that it worked fine before new ECU and that I knew it just needed re-tuning (or whatever the tech term is) they insisted they could not do that without a diagnostic first. Surely this cannot be the case is it ?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
As far as they are concerned yes to ensure that you do not come back to them to say they broke something else! Whether that is right or fair is a bone of contention. Main dealers charge the highest rates for car work anyway and they are not always the best. Try and find a member of this forum who has the ppk2000 system who lives near you and they can do that for you. Just add to your post asking that question.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Whoever replaced the ECU should have set the CD/Radio to work with it. Part of the standard installation, you shouldn't have to pay for that again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. The main dealer that I rang today were the ones who fitted the ECU.

I am in Thurrock/Basildon area of Essex - I have already asked on here on the Peugeot Planet post to ask for someone local, unfortunately the nearest is quite a distance from me.

·
Registered
15,147 Posts
vin coding the radio is a 5 min job i do them every day they are taking the piss they should have coded it when they fitted the new ecu

To be honest the radio should not be beeping with a replacement NEW ecu or BSI as the vin in the car would still match so it would not need coded !!

Sounds like they are not telling you the full story here.

Was it a new ECU or a new BSI ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts