Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. Does anybody know why my main beam won't switch off after I have turned the ignition off. Have tried everything.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Help...

The car in question is a peugeot 307 2.L s 180. 04 plate

J

·
0 Posts
Without knowing anymore detail... which to be honest, is needed here.... the obvious to me is the 'guide me home headlamps' option.
Do the lights switch themselves off after a while?
Are they switching on/off automatically, or you manually switching them on/off?

Need to know more details really....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for getting back so quickly. No I don't have guide me home lights. The auto light option is also off. this has happened once before, & after several attempts to switch off they did. but the highbeam lights have been on for over an hr now. I have disengaged the battery for the time being to preserve the battery.lol. I flashed someone about ten minutes before i got home & noticed the high beam never went after using them.???????? is there anything I have missed???

Cheers,
gray

J

·
0 Posts
Would sound like a faulty stalk control then to me, if no auto options in use. On my 407, even with the ignition switched off, you can still switch on the headlights if you want to, so I wouldn't imagine the ignition has anything to do with it. Personally, I would remove the stalk control, check & clean all the contacts, and try again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very late update.

Hi there. Sorry for late update....work, ex.... etc etc.

It turns out.(After getting a new control stick, an numerous other costs) My fuse box had got wet????? So after getting new box. The problem has not returned..... Hope this helps anybody in future....

Safe driving,
Gray

·
Registered
1 Posts
Without knowing anymore detail... which to be honest, is needed here.... the obvious to me is the 'guide me home headlamps' option.
Do the lights switch themselves off after a while?
Are they switching on/off automatically, or you manually switching them on/off?

Need to know more details really....
Hello, just want to ask.What is the function of 'guide me home headlamps ... [ ]s' ? Afternoon, I turning on my 'automatic headlamp' on my Peugeot 407, when it got dark (sometimes when traveling under big tree @ village road) the headlamp automatically turn on,then after left that dark area (even under the sun), the auto headlamp still on and it DOES NOT turn off automatically. Why? the 'guide me home headlamps' is in deactivate mode. because I don't know what is the function..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts