Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me how to check the maf sensor electrics (ohms) . or is it just replace . plus is their only 1 cooling / coolant temp sensor ? . it a 2.0 hdi 110

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I thought that . But I was told because my fault shows under the AC ECU on pp . it wouldn't be the engine coolant ?. Now it's got me second guessing myself

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its saying this . I got rid of the bottom one the second one is the relay . but the air flow one I can't seem to sort out . the car still runs ok but the fuel consumption has drop . me driving under 1500 rpm and I can then just about get 480miles to the tank and it's getting worst . the turbo pressure seem to have drop since I checked in this pic to 965 mbar . is their a way of checking it before I open the new one . because eurocarparts said once I break the seal it can't be returned

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
its saying this . I got rid of the bottom one the second one is the relay . but the air flow one I can't seem to sort out . the car still runs ok but the fuel consumption has drop . me driving under 1500 rpm and I can then just about get 480miles to the tank and it's getting worst . the turbo pressure seem to have drop since I checked in this pic to 965 mbar . is their a way of checking it before I open the new one . because eurocarparts said once I break the seal it can't be returned
If you got an issue with the air flow readings that will cause issue with fuelling and your turbo pressure may well drop. Before you swap it out check all the induction piping is together. For example on my 206 the induction sometimes falls our the filter housing as the other end is not secured properly due to missing screw. It can cause some issues but unlikely.

The other thing I would do is to use either electrical contact cleaner or better yet carb cleaner and give the elements inside the MAF a good clean. Don't touch them though as they are incredibly fragile. Also check the pins and the connector for signs of corrosion. heck check your earths too. Failing all that swapping the MAF for a known good part would be the next logical step

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Should their be little puddles of oil in the air pipe connected to the maf . I have cleaned the connectors and used carb cleaner to clean it and the fuel consumption got better for a while . But it's dropped again

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So does the Egr valve go to it ?. Because I was thinking could that be stuck open cause back blow of oil?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
It does, but that doesn't explain the short circuit (ie. electrical). It's either the sensor or the wiring.

Try unplugging the MAF and run the car with it unplugged. Compare data to when it has been plugged in.

Then plug it in again and compare what happens.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well thanks for all your help . I sorted it . It was the maf I changed it and it's cleared

1 - 14 of 14 Posts