Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

May i just ask all you diesel veterans out there, could a faulty MAF sensor be the cause of really lumpy eneven rough idling when first started from cold.Also if this could be the cause is it just worth replacing or can they be cleaned in any way? this is on a citroen that belongs to my parents but i'm not familiar with diesels. I know this is not really the place to post but as i'm a regular didn't think you would mind me asking this once :)
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Gibbo has one for sale at £80 its available on this forum. Not sure that the car you have problems with would be compatible. It could create those faults but a planet scan would be more helpful. Try cleaning your maf by spraying electrical contact spray down it as they get mucky. EGR or carb cleaner or wd40 will do as well, but leccy is best.

·
12,095 Posts
+1 to carb cleaner. I've noticed a marked improvement when the little silver wires are cleaned. I also put a drop of silicone spray on a lint free cloth and carefully wipe the inside plastic.

I'm not sure what your MAF sensor is like but on the 307 the wires were quite exposed and when mine failed you could see the break in the wire. The 407 is slightly different and looks a little more robust.

·
Registered
145 Posts
dont spray with carb cleaner its too strong for it..use maf sensor cleaner.its not as strong as carb cleaner i got mine on e.bay.also use wynns egr cleaner
when you have cleaned maf senor but make sure u spray egr cleaner down flexi hose and not into maf senor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts