Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Well done on a great site, im learning loads about my 307 2.0 hdi 2002.

I am however having a problem im hoping someone can help with.

My turbo is spinning but under acceleration it sort of runs out of 'puff' at 2600rpm when it normally would, if asked, do more.
Ive looked through the forum for similar problems and decided to check the MAF sensor. I unplugged it while running and nothing happened......it didn't cut out or go faster or slower, just kept idling.

Am I right in thinking it should have altered the idle speed and then must be worth changing to a new one?.

When this happens the warning 'ANTI POLLUTION' and 'Esp/Asr warning' pops up at the exact moment the power drops.

I have not got PP2000 and no one close by seems to be able to help.

Any advice would be gladly accepted. :thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While checking the vacuum pipes and solenoids last night, I noticed a vacuum pipe had broken off an oblong shaped box behind the intercooler. If I'm correct it's called the vacuum reserve and it has something to do with the brakes. Even tho I could feel a vacuum while the engine was running, does anyone think this could be the cause of my problems?. I'm not sure if this pipe has just snapped or if it was done long ago.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I believe the MAF unplug test must be done with the engine off. The ECU will default tho standard values, you should feel the turbo engaging suddenly at 1800 and work throughout the revs with no variation

As for the vacuum no, the brakes will always work even if there's a leak in the pipes (i think) as they're directly connected to the vac pump. The other systems will suffer from the vac leak, including turbo, egr, and the other ones i keep forgeting the function (intercooler bypass while car is cold ??)

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I do but I now live in Stoke! One good thing is their team colours are nearly exactly the same as the Mackems! It also has a team here that play in Maggie colours so I can hate them as well!!(Port Vale)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
You are right it is the MAF - they don't last long - changed several times on my diesel 307.

Someone has already said on here - no point disconnecting MAF when engine running - it will draw the air/fuel ratio from the data already set up by the faulty MAF.

Turn off engine - disconnect MAF - start up - the default data set will be loaded - and the engine will run smooth.

Do this first - then worry about air leaks - my 307 was 2001 model - never suffered from air leaks right up until this year when it had to be scrapped due to cam belt failure.

MAFS are cheap and very easy to fit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well that's that sorted.
It's seems after pulling the guts out of the dpf (very clogged), I knew I needed to plug into the cpu to wipe existing alarms and warnings off but what I didn't realise was that the engine put itself into safe mode (thus the lack of power). After getting a local lad to remap it, I'm now up on power to 136 bhp and it feels like a totally different motor. No bright orange dash lights for a start.
Thanks for the info everyone, I will keep advice in the back of my head because I have a funny feeling I may need it again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts