Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
307 1.6hdi (110hp) 2004model.

You all may know my problems, but i have put a new maff in my car and have the same p0100 code and sometimes p0103 code.

if i disconnect the maf and drive the cars like a bullet!!!

so, does anyone know how i can use a multimeter on my maff to test it.
also i thought that maybe i have a bad earth, so would like to "hard wir a new posite lead and negative lead to the car battery and then drive it for 1 hour and see if i get the codes back ? if i dont then i know i have a break in the wire somewhere.

so can i get help with,
1, a diagram of my maf with explaining what each of the 4 cabes are
2, what 2 do i connect to the battery and earth to (check it)
3, if that does not change anything, the other 2 wires that come out of it, where do they go to? so i can see if there is a break in them wires?

does that make sence? :)

D

·
0 Posts
They're pretty self explainatory if you probe them with a multimeter or an oscilliscope.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They're pretty self explainatory if you probe them with a multimeter or an oscilliscope.
I have picked them with a millimeter. But there are 4 coulered wires
But I don't know what each colour stands for. I would like to run a fresh ground from the correct wire to the battery and go for a drive and see if it cures it. Then I will know if its a bad ground. I would like to.do that with the live too. But ustill I know what is what or how to correctly check each wire I don't want to accidently short out something... Any ideas on this....

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
any news on what of the 4 wires are ground and poitive?

sorry to go on and on and on, but i have decided not to use my car untill i fix the fault.... so i need to fix it quicck! ;)

D

·
0 Posts
any news on what of the 4 wires are ground and poitive?

sorry to go on and on and on, but i have decided not to use my car untill i fix the fault.... so i need to fix it quicck! ;)
Get a diagnostic check first. It'll tell you more that probing a sensor with a multimeter, especially if you haven't a clue what you're looking for.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Get a diagnostic check first. It'll tell you more that probing a sensor with a multimeter, especially if you haven't a clue what you're looking for.

i have, code p0100 and p0103 is what i get, but only under load....

no air leaks, and 3 different mafs give me the same code.
i also know that it means high input to the maf, but WHAT causes a high input, i have checked all wirres and as far as i can tell there is no breaks... but again maybe a bad ground ?

thats what i think its a bad earth or live as it runs better with the maf disconnected.... and i am not totally lost when it comes to electronics, i just really want to know what the 4 wires go to so i can renew them with a fresh earth and live as a test, but i have one yellow, pink, orange and brown f memery serves me, now i think the yellow goes to the VAF sensor, and or the fuel pressure switch, but not 100% sure, hence my need of help and advise :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
with the engine running i get a feed in of just above 12v, exactly the same as what the battery is giving out.....
so if code p0100 and p0103 are "high input values" then maybe the fault is somewhere else and tricking the ecu into thinking its the MAF.... where would be the next place to check that is giving a high output?

what and where does the maf get its live feed from (apart from the battery) ?

the (VAF turbo boost sensor) gives out exactly 5v and 2.5 so thats perfect.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nothing in the Haynes manual wiring diagrams I'm afraid.
:(

i am so at a loss, the codes still read p0100 and p0103, i have checked everything including 3 maf,s.
cleaned the egr valve, checked all hoses etc... i cant work it out....

its deffonatly down on power, sometimes it feels liike the turbo has gone to sleep then it kicks in when the codes com on.... i guess the ecu runs wrong, then basicly ignores the maf sensor and runs a defult setting alowing the engine to run normally again... mmmmmmmmmmmmm...

i do know that (i think) i need one new glow plug, would this connect to the maff in the electricle system? and would it cause confusions in the maffs sensor?

apart from that 1 glow plug my whole engine electricl componants are new or checked... really stuck on this :(

the wires from the maff go over the top of the engine and get last in a thick bunndle of cables, but anyone know where each one goes to exactly and i can run a "buzz" test with the voltmeter just incase there is a hiddeen break in a wire somewhere...its my last hope i think :(

·
Registered
315 Posts
why not get access to servicebox and pay for a copy of the correct wiring diagram for your car? Can't go wrong that way.

/but I will say that on mine, three of the four wires go straight to the ECU, the last is a supply..

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
why not get access to servicebox and pay for a copy of the correct wiring diagram for your car? Can't go wrong that way.

/but I will say that on mine, three of the four wires go straight to the ECU, the last is a supply..
mmmmm maybe i have an ecu fault??? well i will have pug planet in 2 weeks :) :) :) i will see if it tells me more than my freinds bosch system, but if its a ecu fault then thats big bad news

would love to follow the 3 wires back to the ecu, but there are 1 trillion ;) going into it, and what one could iit be ????????

1 - 20 of 282 Posts