Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys
I'm driving Peugeot 407 2.2HDI 170hp Bi-Turbo. Last weekend I tried to remap my car in a local tuning garage.
When we put the car on the dyno, she maked 178hp on the engine and 146hp on the wheels, everything good and working perfectly. When we put the custom software that was made from the tuner. The car started to overboost @ 4000rpm to 2 bar of pressure. The requested pressure on map was 1.8 bar. The guy told me that I need to check the turbos, because something is happening.
I was wondering, because everything is fine with the stock software, the car runs perfectly and there is no issues, there is no faults according to my Lexia, which I'm using with DiagBox.

I runned some test and I want your opinion, here is the videos, as follows:

Turbo measurment

MAF measurment

As you can see, in the video "Turbo measurment", on: 1:21min, you can see that the turbo does 2.6 bars of pressure, which is way more of 2 bars, what my tuner said.
In the video "MAF measurment", on: 2:44min, you can see that the MAF setting is 1000mg and the measured valued is: 1500mg, is that normal?

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Alex

·
Registered
865 Posts
To me (not an expert), it sounds like the map is wrong or the wastegate can not flow excess air out. Engines are simple. More air + fuel = more power. More power = more exhaust flow and if the wategate can not handle this extra load, it will cause the turbine to spool up faster, causing boost creep.

At some point, even though it is overboosting, the ECU isn't requesting the wastegate solenoid to open more than ~50%. So it's possible a wastegate solenoid issue, or the map causing the wastegate solenoid not to open more.

That's where I would start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, the values from the clips are okay?
As I remember, the mapper, made the software and requested the wastegate to be opened in 35%, he told me that, he can make it to be open at 25%, but this will not resolve the issue with the overboosting.

Can you tell me how to check the wastegate selenoid, if it's working properly?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts