Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to get a 56 plate Pug 206 CC up and running for my other half after it suffered a fire in the engine bay. Initially I was supplied with an incompatible wiring loom, which caused a massive waste of time, effort and money (imagine replacing the complete main and engine loom, only to find out that the BSI can't see your ECU - so the car won't run)!

So when I got chance to buy a cheap and potentially compatible scrap car, I jumped at the chance. The first thing I did was to try the ECU and BSI in the scrap car to see if it would run with them in - it worked fine. I've since transferred all of the necessary wiring over, and yesterday the original CC started running for the first time in 3 years.

The problem is the mileage. When I tried the ECU & BSI in the scrap car, they inherited the higher mileage. And now that they're back in the correct car, they've passed this mileage like a virus into the instrument cluster.

My question is: can I use Peugeot Planet to correct the mileage to what it was originally? I realise that this system is open to abuse so am not asking for the answer to be posted on an open forum. However I'm not doing anything illegal. I just want to know if it's possible, and if so, if someone could PM me either with instructions or contact details.

Thanks in advance! :D

R

·
0 Posts
as far as i know planet cannot alter the milage.there is a seperate tool that can do this but is a bit pricey jim at SHOP - easydiagnostics was talking to me about it a week or so ago.it can do the milage on any car but like i said its pricey.if you want to know more about it and the cost phone him up and have a chat.:thumb:

S

·
0 Posts
My question is...

With the car already being a write off, does mileage really matter that much?

Resale value of a writeoff isnt high anyway, hell if my speedo suddenly changed to 500,000 miles i wouldnt do anything about it (mines a damaged/repaired as well!)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My question is...

With the car already being a write off, does mileage really matter that much?

Resale value of a writeoff isnt high anyway, hell if my speedo suddenly changed to 500,000 miles i wouldnt do anything about it (mines a damaged/repaired as well!)
*I* agree with you. But it's the missus's car and SHE wanted it to be right. And the true mileage IS ridiculously low, at just 18500 for a 56 plate (yes, really). It had gone up to 42000, which I argued was still very reasonable, but she was insistent.

Anyway I got it sorted. A local contact suggested that I put “mileage correction Nottingham” into Google. The resulting quotes ranged from £70 up to over £170, but the £70 one was from an ex Peugeot mechanic so that’s who I trusted to do the job.

Note to all: NEVER try your ECU/BSI in a higher mileage car without swapping over the speedo at the same time, or everything simply adopts the highest mileage, which is then expensive to correct. :mad:

S

·
0 Posts
Haha stuck between a rock and a hard place on that one then!

But yeah, when swapping either BSI/Speedo, even between vehicles the higher mileage is always adopted and stored!

D

·
0 Posts
*I* agree with you. But it's the missus's car and SHE wanted it to be right. And the true mileage IS ridiculously low, at just 18500 for a 56 plate (yes, really). It had gone up to 42000, which I argued was still very reasonable, but she was insistent.

Anyway I got it sorted. A local contact suggested that I put “mileage correction Nottingham” into Google. The resulting quotes ranged from £70 up to over £170, but the £70 one was from an ex Peugeot mechanic so that’s who I trusted to do the job.

Note to all: NEVER try your ECU/BSI in a higher mileage car without swapping over the speedo at the same time, or everything simply adopts the highest mileage, which is then expensive to correct. :mad:
Just disconnect the dash clocks beforehand will suffice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts