Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Folks...last nite going home a beep sounded then...these!!...here is a list of what"s wrong.......has anyone a clue as to what"s happening here?

I have checked fuses...all good....
Also disconnected battery for 30 mins....

1.... When i go near car [ cannot lock it even manually]. and press either lock or unlock...dash illuminates with all top right corner warning lights on as well.!!

2......When I insert the key...no red ignition light or anything.....but car starts and drives ok

3...No Indicator arrows in dash....but work ok outside etc!!...

4...No speedo....rev counter....or fuel gauge!

5....Dash lights stay on even if out of car / not using lights..,.,.

6.....Lights work ok...but no dipped / full beam warning light on dash!! [ other lights...the engine light, drivers airbag light.....and esp......and handbrake light all stay on!!

7.....Electric side windows not working.....or the mirrors.

....Cannot lock the car...at all.!!

Help!!!!!!

and thanks...

Clifford

D

·
0 Posts
Get a diagnostic check done. Pay attention to the BSI. Could be at fault.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well,
Got the car back after a worrying morning, thinking about replacing the BSI !!

Turns out it was this.....the Bluetooth USB box....I cannot think how this got wet, but will have to test for bulkhead leaks in the morning...

The case is deffo not waterproof [ should"nt need it!!]....but the outside part no label is dampish to the touch...

The mechanic said I was lucky the car never caught fire etc....it was just by luck he noticed it, and was thinking in terms of a new BSI unit....the USB box was unplugged...everything went back to normal!!

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree,
Wonder could some folks here have a quick check on their USB units and see if they can trace some dampness as well?

The box was NOT soaking wet.....just the outer sticky label was slightly damp...:confused:

Cliff

J

·
0 Posts
Fuses are about excess current though, and this may not have taken an excess depending on what else is on that circuit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts